Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Email from Prometheus Books

I emailed Prometheus Books today because I noticed that a book that I wanted to purchase was available on for the Kindle, but not in any other formats.

The email I sent:

I am one of a growing number of people who read solely on an ebook device. I use a Sony PRS-505. I would like to read ___'s ___. It is available for the Amazon Kindle, but not the Sony Reader.

Thank you for your time.

This is the message I received back:

Dear ___,

Thanks for your note. We're working on making our books available on other readers beside Kindle. We hope to have this accomplished next year.

We appreciate your interest in Prometheus Books.

Best wishes,

M. Hall
Editorial Dept.

Ugh. Well, at least they're working on it.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
That's great news! Prometheus Books publishes a good number of fascinating books, but their paper editions tend to be on the expensive side, not to mention I don't want any more paper books.

The Kindle prices are quite reasonable, and if they can get them published in other formats I will be very happy, and very busy.

Thanks Superlucky, AKA ____ !

Last edited by Donnageddon; 09-24-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post

Ugh. Well, at least they're working on it.
we would have had the same reaction if i was in your place.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote