Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
the end of the 500??

I am 500 user who was waiting to update to the 505, my reader was a present and only 1 1/2 yrs old..but of course with the 600 my 500 days may be coming to and end...although always nice to have a back up..anyone else persuaded to finally upgrade..? I love my 500 but more and more books are available pdf and epub..after 1 1/2 yrs I have over 600 books..so it is an understatement to say I take my reader everywhere....
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminarovich View Post
I am 500 user who was waiting to update to the 505, my reader was a present and only 1 1/2 yrs old..but of course with the 600 my 500 days may be coming to and end...although always nice to have a back up..anyone else persuaded to finally upgrade..? I love my 500 but more and more books are available pdf and epub..after 1 1/2 yrs I have over 600 books..so it is an understatement to say I take my reader everywhere....
I'm thinking of upgrading my wife's 500 to the 600 for Christmas or her Birthday. I'd love to upgrade my 500 as well, but will probably do hers first. Especially since I'm not sure that the 600 will fit in the Oberon case as well as my 500 does.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'll upgrade when Sony releases a Wi-Fi capable reader
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
well with the breaking news concerning the switch to epub...it seems like a lot more work to even keep the 500 except as a backup...
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sony do say that there will be an "update" available for the PRS-500. Whether that means new firmware, or some sort of trade-in offer, remains to be seen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert