Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Pamela Ditchoff
Pamela Ditchoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mrs. Beast

Hi Mobileread Readers,
My latest novel, Mrs. Beast, has recently been published by Stay Thirsty Media as a Kindle book. You may read a feature and chapter one at www.staythirstymedia.com. Please check it out and if you have any comments or questions for me, please post them here and I will be happy to respond.
Thanks and all best,
Pamela Ditchoff
Pamela Ditchoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Good for you, Pamela. I wish you every success with your new book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Congratulations on your new venture! I will check it out and hope you will have many more to come!

Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
Pamela Ditchoff

Thank you HarryT and Jill75!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Why limit your audience to the Kindle?
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
Pamela Ditchoff

Dear radamo,
My publisher has chosen to release Mrs. Beast first as a Kindle digital book, and I understand there are limitations. It may also me downloaded on iphone and itouch. Hopefully limitation will diminish over time.
Thanks,
Pamela Ditchoff
Old 04-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #7
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Ditchoff View Post
Dear radamo,
My publisher has chosen to release Mrs. Beast first as a Kindle digital book, and I understand there are limitations. It may also me downloaded on iphone and itouch. Hopefully limitation will diminish over time.
Thanks,
Pamela Ditchoff
Dear Ms. Ditchoff,
Thanks for your response. Good luck with your work. I hope it is successful.
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Ditchoff View Post
Dear radamo,
Thanks,
Pamela Ditchoff
Limitations like most of the world won't have access to your work. Going exclusive to Amazon is going to upset enough people that even if it does eventually get released elsewhere, they won't buy it. So please do your readers and yourself a favor and stop with the Amazon exclusivity. Your publisher is doing you no favors at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
Pamela Ditchoff

New Interview

Dear Mobileread Members,
There is an interview regarding Mrs. Beast in today's Halifax Chronicle Herald. To read the on-line version, please go to
http://thechronicleherald.ca/ArtsLife
Thanks and best,
Pamela Ditchoff
Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I believe it's been mentioned before - but I really would like a forum for writers to introduce their work - I would love an easy to browse forum to have a chance to interact w/ the author. Now, I have a Sony 505 and I don't read print books, so this will not be on my list for a while unfortunately.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #11
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrunk View Post
I believe it's been mentioned before - but I really would like a forum for writers to introduce their work - I would love an easy to browse forum to have a chance to interact w/ the author. Now, I have a Sony 505 and I don't read print books, so this will not be on my list for a while unfortunately.
isn't that what the writers corner is for?

Come here to showcase your latest literary work or to discuss the art, craft, and business of writing and (self-)publishing
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I missed it - I'll have to head over there -thanks.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Limitations like most of the world won't have access to your work. Going exclusive to Amazon is going to upset enough people that even if it does eventually get released elsewhere, they won't buy it. So please do your readers and yourself a favor and stop with the Amazon exclusivity. Your publisher is doing you no favors at all.
It may upset certain MobileRead.com members enough not to buy it even once it is available elsewhere... but making far-reaching generalizations from that seems to me a specious leap.

The average person doesn't hold consumerist grudges. They buy products they want that are available to them, and do not buy ones that aren't.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult fairy tale, fantasy, literary fiction, mrs. beast