Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Longtime Lurker/First Time Poster

Hi everyone! I've been a reader of ebooks since long before there was such a thing. I began reading ebooks on my Palm Pilot. I used Project Gutenberg for public domain books and also created ebooks for myself by scanning and OCR. I was intrigued by the early Sony readers but held off buying an ereader until I finally broke down and bought a Kindle Keyboard. Since then I've bought four more Kindles: a Kindle Keyboard for my mom, a Kindle Touch for my son, a Kindle 4NT, and my newest baby, the Kindle Paperwhite. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 which is always with me so I can read in the odd moments while waiting for the work shuttle or in line at the bank.

I love this community and have been reading the forums for well over a year, but I never got around to registering. However the interesting discussions in the Amazon Kindle forum right now about the Kindle PW have made me want to jump in and add my 2 cents, or at least participate in the poll about screen satisfaction. (For the record, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got a lovely screen on my PW.)

Guess that's it for now. Thanks for reading!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Hi ElspethB. Yes, Palm Pilot. It also means a lot to me, being my first PDA (nobody uses this term now). Like you, I also actively use Gutenberg. This past week I also worked on a cumulative tale made available by Google book project - The McCloskey Primer by Margaret Orvis McCloskey. I had to spend hours correcting OCR errors and capturing drawings into files. But, it's also fun. So, we share something in common. Anyway, welcome to this forum. I hope you'll enjoy this community and I look forward to exchanging ideas with you.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Thank you everyone! StoryEnthusiast, I checked out The McCloskey Primer on Google, and was impressed by how good it looks. Children's literature was certainly different a hundred years ago, wasn't it? I doubt we'd find old men tumbling off ladders and breaking their necks in any of today's easy readers!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert