Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #526
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
I'm looking to correct some scan errors for the letter I.

Quote:
bla bla bla 1 don't want to, l went to the shop
but I don't want to match

Quote:
Chapter 1 or Book 1 etc
I'm thinking that it needs to be a negative lookahead but can't get it right.
Code:
(?!(?i)(Chapter 1(\s?|<)|Part 1|Section 1|Book 1)) ([1|l])
Any suggestions?
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #527
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
This works:
"(?<!Chapter|Book|Part) ([1|l]) "
(without the quotes)

But you need to start the search at the beginning of the area...eg make sure the cursor isn't in the middle of the word "Chapter" or something.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:54 PM   #528
Steadyhands
Connoisseur

Thanks
Old 07-26-2017, 03:53 AM   #529
Steadyhands
Connoisseur

Here a regex I find useful for finding & correcting contractions that have spaces in them. Don't blast this with a replace all as it does match false positives where a word has been shortened to only a single letter.

Target text.
Quote:
don‘ t
wasn ’t
Couldn’ t
I ‘m
False positive
Quote:
Th’ lads ’re all
An’ let ’m
what ’m I going to do
Code:
Search \b(\s(‘|’)|(‘|’)\s)(d|m|s|t|ll|re|ve)\b(?!’)
Replace ’\4
Old 07-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #530
niijii
niijii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Kindle Fire
How would I remove
<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p4">

I have tried [0-9]+<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="[0-9]+">

I have read through the manual and viewed a video on youtube and I seem to be missing something when I try to out in pdf to mobi conversion... what am I doing wrong?
niijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #531
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I have tried [0-9]+<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="[0-9]+">
Something along the lines of this should produce better results. But please test well; I'm winging this fairly blind (and am guessing that you want to remove ALL page numbers encountered)

Code:
<b>Page \d+</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p\d+">
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #532
niijii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Something along the lines of this should produce better results. But please test well; I'm winging this fairly blind (and am guessing that you want to remove ALL page numbers encountered)

Code:
<b>Page \d+</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p\d+">
<br>
<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p4"></a>

I couldn't get that to work and I am wondering if I am not posting all of it. The full thing is...

<br>
<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p4"></a><b>Generated by ABC Amber LIT Conv<a href="http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html">erter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html</a></b><br>

I can remove the generated by abc part no problem and at times if I remove [hr/] helps... but it is the page numbers.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #533
niijii

Quote:
Originally Posted by niijii View Post
<br>
<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p4"></a>

I couldn't get that to work and I am wondering if I am not posting all of it. The full thing is...

<br>
<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p4"></a><b>Generated by ABC Amber LIT Conv<a href="http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html">erter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html</a></b><br>

I can remove the generated by abc part no problem and at times if I remove [hr/] helps... but it is the page numbers.
Not sure if I am doing this correctly...

Last edited by niijii; 07-27-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #534
niijii

It's working...THANK YOU!!!!
Old 07-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #535
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
How would I remove
<b>Page 3</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p4">
<b>Page [0-9]*</b><br>
<hr/>
<a id="p[0-9]*">

That should work for the search.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:24 PM   #536
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
[0-9]*
Matching a digit 0 or more times doesn't really make sense when there's never going to be no digit (though it will still work in this instance). Matching one or more digits [0-9]+ makes more logical sense. And \d+ is even simpler, since it's the exact same thing, but shorter and easier to type.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #537
niijii

I have > every so often in the text... how would I remove this?

Thank you so much for this.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #538
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have > every so often in the text... how would I remove this?

Thank you so much for this.
That's going to be tricky, since the html tags can be easily mangled if you're not very careful.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #539
niijii

It worked! Thank you to you both!

I wish there was simple instructional videos for this
Old 07-27-2017, 04:35 PM   #540
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It worked! Thank you to you both!

I wish there was simple instructional videos for this
No videos, but this is where I turn to for all my regex needs:

http://www.regular-expressions.info/