Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #46
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Sweetpea, how about the Kobo Mini? It's a 5 inch reader, but seems to be overall more compact than your BBmini, judging by the pictures.
I like the BBmini because it feels very sturdy... My Sony is not much larger, but that one I never dare take with me. To afraid it will twist
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #47
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I have a dedicated ereader and an iPad2 for PDF's and comics. I am quite happy with that combination and my eyes love it.
It's a great combination, however, it is two devices - if you're limited to carrying just one, a tablet is more flexible.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #48
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Cute commercial, but I have read on my Ipad and haven't had emails pop up, ever. And I'm not distracted by the fact that Youtube and other apps are right there.

I do most of my reading on my e-ink devices but I also enjoy using my tablet, especially when I don't want to lug around lots of stuff.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Strikes me as an attention/concentration problem. If you want to read, then read. If you're not sufficiently engrossed in what you are doing, then go do something else. It's up to you not your device.

That said I'm currently reading on my 350, 650 and TF101. I'm reading fiction on the 650 and 350 and a PDF on the TF101. The book I'm reading on the TF101 is "The Road to Reality" by Roger Penrose and the tablet is 500g lighter than the actual book. This book would be completely unreadable as a PDF on an eink reader. Epub is would be a disaster for a book of this type (many diagrams and math formulae.) The page size on the tablet is only slightly smaller than the printed page. I like the eink readers but I find that the better contrast of the lcd making for a slightly more comfortable reading experience. I also adjust the brightness for best reading, probably not the best for watching video or any other distraction. In bright light the eink devices are superior, as much as for their nonreflective surface.

I truly hate the reflective surfaces on the current tablets. I don't need to see myself while I'm reading.

The current eink devices have better resolution (I'm ignoring the iPad since I will never, ever even consider an Apple product) but the new Nexus10 with 299 dpi resolution is very attractive (but not available in Toronto at the moment.) With Sony and Kobo more interested in making their readers into POS terminals for their stores, the Android tablets are becoming more attractive. It's quite possible that my next reader will be a tablet simply because I will have more control over it.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote