Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #1501
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
The August Georgette Heyer sales also got me (but I'm looking forward to picking up more next August). The September Google Play .99 Banned Book Sale also undermined my avowed abstinence from book purchasing. Yet I am happy with the purchases and never had a second of buyer remorse.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #1502
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I wasn't going to, but I fell off the wagon. John Scalzi has a bundle of his books out for $7.99 the lot - I think there's 6 or 8 books in the bundle. And the new Tim Powers book was 0.99.

Of course, I got them both for my husband, not for me, so maybe it doesn't count?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #1503
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I wasn't going to, but I fell off the wagon. John Scalzi has a bundle of his books out for $7.99 the lot - I think there's 6 or 8 books in the bundle. And the new Tim Powers book was 0.99.

Of course, I got them both for my husband, not for me, so maybe it doesn't count?
I couldn't resist. Not when I could get it (it's a single omnibus book) at Kobo using a 35% discount code (56b6c435). £3.80. Great discount, favourite author. It's allowed.

Which explains why my TBR is nowhere near my target for the year,
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #1504
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I did buy books at the Fictionwise sale, but have a limit of not spending more than $12 (sale price). So far, that has worked. The other day, I downloaded and sideloaded all my fictionwise books onto a Kindle. I'm reading them one after another. Some are very short, so you just scoot through them. I post my rating and then move on to the next. Every morning, I can read a couple of hours without interruption and that is really helping me get through my TBR pile. This way, I will know what series I like and what I don't so that I can plan to buy the rest of a good series when the next good sale comes along.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #1505
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I did buy books at the Fictionwise sale, but have a limit of not spending more than $12 (sale price). So far, that has worked. The other day, I downloaded and sideloaded all my fictionwise books onto a Kindle. I'm reading them one after another. Some are very short, so you just scoot through them. I post my rating and then move on to the next. Every morning, I can read a couple of hours without interruption and that is really helping me get through my TBR pile. This way, I will know what series I like and what I don't so that I can plan to buy the rest of a good series when the next good sale comes along.

Spending no more than $12 every few hours is more than reasonable. I applaud your efforts.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #1506
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I did buy books at the Fictionwise sale, but have a limit of not spending more than $12 (sale price).
I generally enjoy reading non-fiction, there's not a lot of books I consider interesting that go under $15 -- at $12 limit would indeed limit my book buying pattern. (But I wouldn't have anything to read in three years or so )
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #1507
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I really wish BooksOnBoard stopped that double rewards / 50% off total thing now... sometimes it's not good to live in a non-Agency country, as that means all the books I might theoretically want get discounted.

Just took a look at my spreadsheet - 344 bought / paid-for ebooks this year (at an average price of $3.62, which is not all that bad, I keep telling myself). Plus 272 free books, which don't count for this thread but do sort of point out that I'm not really in any immediate danger of running out of books to read (especially as I had some left over from last year, too).

I'm going to have to run out of new books to buy soon, yes? :-/
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #1508
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
The August Georgette Heyer sales also got me (but I'm looking forward to picking up more next August). The September Google Play .99 Banned Book Sale also undermined my avowed abstinence from book purchasing. Yet I am happy with the purchases and never had a second of buyer remorse.
Google books, movies and music still hasn't opened its doors to me sure wish there was another way I could get around that...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #1509
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Which explains why my TBR is nowhere near my target for the year
OK, It's time for drastic action.

I will buy no more ebooks this year. None. Not one. No matter what kind of good deal appears. I will buy no more ebooks this year. I really mean it. No more ebooks. I have lots of great books to read in my TBR pile. I should be reading them, not buying more.

Fifty days without buying an ebook. I can do that! I'm sure I can count on you all for moral support if I waver. Remind me! No more ebooks in 2012!

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #1510
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
NO MORE EBOOKS IN 2012!
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #1511
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can always get free ebooks, that way you won't be buying them and still will be able to enjoy them, try classics like Poe, Lovecraft, Bronte, Melville and so on ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #1512
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
We're with you, Paul. Hang tough. You CAN do it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #1513
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
We're with you, Paul. Hang tough. You CAN do it.
Thanks. I didn't buy an ebook yesterday. Only 49 days to go....
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #1514
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Good luck with it!

I'm also back to not buying anything after the Humble Bundle.

And besides, I still have the three musketeers series keeping me busy. The last book alone has already lasted me more than a month, and I've still got about 30% to go before the ending.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #1515
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I'm absolutely hopeless.

The Strain $1.99
The Fall $1.99
The Long Ships $1.99
The Last Man $14.99

Of course only the last one is a killer, but it is a favorite author and favorite series. And it goes right to being read the second it delivers tomorrow morning to my iPad. So it won't be a TBR for long, at least.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote