Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by adun View Post
Thanks a lot for this trick!!
It is indeed very powerful; but please post at least an small HOWTO. Did you manage the Javascript part?
what javascript: all that is shown is HTML.
in the Metadata edito comments view there is a Tab to switch to HTML(code view). once the URL is there, it is click-able in the normal 'Book Details'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
pollito pito
i warned you ...
pollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by adun View Post
Thanks a lot for this trick!!
It is indeed very powerful; but please post at least an small HOWTO. Did you manage the Javascript part?
Surely the gurus around here will provide better examples. In the meantime here are my 2 cents. It seems that, at least to some extent, it is possible to embed some JavaScript:

1-Create a custom column; set the type as “Long text, like…”
2-Click edit metadata and select the “Custom metadata” tab.
3-Slect the "HTML Source" tab.
4- Copy and paste the following code:

<div>
<input type="button" value="Click me!" onclick="JavaScript:alert('So you did it!')"></div>
<p></p>
<div>
<button type="button" onclick="JavaScript:alert('You did it again!')">Click here.</button>
</div>

5-Click OK to close the Metadata editor.

Now on the “book details view” you will see two buttons that will pop up scripted messages.

Good luck!
pollito pito is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
horusofoz
horusofoz began at the beginning.

Device: Smartphone
I have decided to withdraw this offer as haven't had the time to put together mock ups and doesn't appear to be much interest.

Thanks to all who contributed. I have decided just to consolidate my audiobooks into single m4b files using chapter and verse.
horusofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
what javascript: all that is shown is HTML.
in the Metadata edit comments view there is a Tab to switch to HTML(code view). once the URL is there, it is click-able in the normal 'Book Details'
No need to write any HTML as such

The comments editor has an Insert Link button that pops up a dialogue box with fields for the URI and Name.

br

I posted this because I've seen two "have a look here" references to the thread, so it seemed useful to clarify this item.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote