Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 09:34 PM   #1
HKuser
HKuser began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H2O - Libra2
A Recent Bug in Synch my Kobo Ereaders

I have owed a kobo ereader (kobolibraH2O) for some time and it synched ok with my book collection. As did my new Libra2. Suddenly while the book and series info continued to synch perfectly none of the collection info was added.
I reported this as a Calibre bug and was told by Kovid that it would be better to bring the problem here, preferably wirh a debug dump.

I took the dump. It contained the error message
----------------------------------
Driver: KoboTouch'
DEBUG: 0.5 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named 'calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended'
-----------------------------------
In fact I have specified & customised the Kobo Touch driver.

I factory reset my new Libra6 - which interestingly does NOT erase the Collection info. I had to do that manually. Set up a new Calibre library with a small set of books and proceeded to test against my now virgin Libra 2.
the forgoing is one error message. The cumulative log can be found ataaaaaaa;-
---------
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kU...4&usp=drive_fs
----------
Please Please someone help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug_log.txt (15.6 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by chaley; 04-11-2024 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Debug log added as an attachment.
HKuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:25 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
By any chance, do you have both the KoboTouch and the KoboTouchExtended drivers installed and enabled?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2024, 07:23 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKuser View Post
[...]
I reported this as a Calibre bug and was told by Kovid that it would be better to bring the problem here, preferably wirh a debug dump.
Actually, it was me that made that suggestion.
Quote:
I took the dump. It contained the error message
----------------------------------
Driver: KoboTouch'
DEBUG: 0.5 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named 'calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended'
-----------------------------------
In fact I have specified & customised the Kobo Touch driver.
That message isn't usually an error. It says that the kobotouch extended driver is not installed, which means the standard kobotouch driver will be used. It is only an error if you expect to be using the extended driver.
Quote:
I factory reset my new Libra6 - which interestingly does NOT erase the Collection info. I had to do that manually. Set up a new Calibre library with a small set of books and proceeded to test against my now virgin Libra 2.
the forgoing is one error message.
Your original bug report started with this:
Quote:
I am running Calibre 7.8 on Windows 11

I have, until recently, run without problems. Yesterday I noticed that the Tag I apply to new fiction books was not being applied, The books were loaded but but without the tag.

The library contains 3917 epubs
Paraphrasing what you said, at least one tag exists for which Kobo collections aren't made. This means there is a problem with calibre creating Kobo collections from tags.

The reason for that is shown in the log:
Code:
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
This says that Metadata Management in "Preferences / Sending books to devices" is set to "Manual management". It must be set to "Automatic management" if you want calibre to create collections. If calibre ever created collections then this preference must have been changed from automatic to manual.

Note that if the preference is set to manual then calibre tries to keep all existing collections, without modification or verification. I don't use this feature so I can't comment on its behavior.

Another part of the debug log says
Code:
collections_columns: Tags
use_collections_template: False
create_collections: True
This says that once metadata management is set to automatic then calibre will create collections using only the tags column, which given your original message is what I think you want.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug report, koboutilities