Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-01-2023, 10:12 PM   #226
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
While running from source (6.14.1*) but also occurring on stable, I installed CalibreSpy from the plugin manager. Trying to open my library in either mode results in this error though:

Code:
calibre, version 6.14.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:name 'QtCore' is not defined

calibre 6.14.1*  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Action Chains (1, 18, 5) && Baen (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 4, 0) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 91) && Comments Cleaner (1, 9, 0) && Count Pages (1, 12, 1) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 5) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 5, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 22, 1) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 2) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 3) && Import List (1, 9, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 226) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 7) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 3) && Last Modified (0, 8, 4) && Manage Series (1, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 96) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Open With (1, 8, 1) && Overdrive Link (2, 54, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 3) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 0) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 3) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 3) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 54, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.ui", line 85, in entirely_read_only
  File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.ui", line 122, in run_calibrespy_from_gui
  File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.calibrespy_dialog", line 328, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.calibrespy_dialog", line 3668, in build_stylesheets
  File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.ui_theme", line 61, in __init__
NameError: name 'QtCore' is not defined
I get a similar error when running it from the main batch file.

Any idea what maybe went wrong?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-01-2023 at 10:15 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:51 PM   #227
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Dark Mode palettes

This is a bug that only impacts Dark Mode palettes, which is why I missed this in testing since I never use Dark Mode.

I will upload a corrected version once I have fixed and tested it. In Dark Mode, obviously.

BTW, the "qt.core" was a change I made to all of my plugins, replacing any reference to Qt6 with "qt.core", which is what Calibre now uses. So, moving to Qt7 will require no import changes like moving from Qt3 to Qt4 to Qt5 to Qt6 did. The bug has to do with an import error from Calibre's qt.core source directory.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2023, 11:01 PM   #228
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks

I was looking at the code myself and I suspected a dark mode problem but wasn't entire sure.
Old 04-01-2023, 11:16 PM   #229
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.92

Version 1.0.92- 01 Apr 2023 Dark Mode QPalette.setColor to Qt.darkGrey instead of QtCore.Qt.darkGrey.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 11:17 PM   #230
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CalibreSpy works for me in Dark mode - Prefs->L&F->Colour Palette is System default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-02 131148.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	200728

I'll give the new one a spin.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2023, 11:20 PM   #231
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
CalibreSpy works for me in Dark mode - Prefs->L&F->Colour Palette is System default.

Attachment 200728

I'll give the new one a spin.

BR
I think it may have been a similar issue to the Job Spy one - I use Windows light palette, but Calibre in dork, while you use system default.

CS is working now

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-01-2023 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 11:26 PM   #232
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Unexpected behaviour: The Author filter dropdown displays all the authors as one string. I have an anthology of short stories with a dozen authors and this results in a very wide menu. Is this intended?
Old 04-02-2023, 10:29 PM   #233
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Version 1.0.92- 01 Apr 2023 Dark Mode QPalette.setColor to Qt.darkGrey instead of QtCore.Qt.darkGrey.
DaltonST

And, I can see what's written on the buttons again

Which makes me wonder if I'm the only person who uses the plugin - in dark mode at least.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-02-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:23 PM   #234
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I haven't run CalibreSpy for some time. When I ran it today (from the GUI plugin), every instance is read-only and I can't customize anything (except globally, but not which columns to display and in what order, for example). I've selected "normal mode" from the dropdown, but I still get read-only every time. The libraries are not on a network drive, everything is local. I've exited CalibreSpy, closed Calibre, restarted the PC, to no avail. I have the latest version of the plugin.

Calibre 7.1
Windows 10
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:40 PM   #235
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Sirtel - CalibreSpy stopped working for me a while ago i.e. pre version 7… can't recall details, might have been customisation.

However, since Kovid implemented the calibre:\\ URL protocol and chaley added some features to Book Details I don't really need it - so I removed the plugin, preferences and its database tables.

As you probably know DaltonST hasn't logged on since July.

BR
Old 11-28-2023, 08:03 PM   #236
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@Sirtel - CalibreSpy stopped working for me a while ago i.e. pre version 7… can't recall details, might have been customisation.

However, since Kovid implemented the calibre:\\ URL protocol and chaley added some features to Book Details I don't really need it - so I removed the plugin, preferences and its database tables.

As you probably know DaltonST hasn't logged on since July.

BR
No, I didn't know that.

I just read up on the URL protocol (book details from another library). It seems you can only view one book at a time, not, say, all the books of an author? And how do I know the book id from another library if that other library is not open?
Old 11-28-2023, 09:12 PM   #237
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No, I didn't know that.

I just read up on the URL protocol (book details from another library). It seems you can only view one book at a time, not, say, all the books of an author? And how do I know the book id from another library if that other library is not open?
Like calibre itself, CalibreSpy is a tool, I probably didn't use it for the same purpose or in the same way as you use it, i.e. to me it was screwdriver, for you it's a spanner.

I use calibre:\\ URLs for several purposes; so, being a minimalist I don't mind doing the work to cut and paste them into a book's #links column, both within and between libraries.

BR
Old 11-28-2023, 10:22 PM   #238
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Like calibre itself, CalibreSpy is a tool, I probably didn't use it for the same purpose or in the same way as you use it, i.e. to me it was screwdriver, for you it's a spanner.

I use calibre:\\ URLs for several purposes; so, being a minimalist I don't mind doing the work to cut and paste them into a book's #links column, both within and between libraries.

BR
No doubt we used it for different purposes.

I can find the id from the library folder in Windows Explorer, but that's a very time-consuming and clumsy way to do something CalibreSpy did for me much faster and more efficiently, plus I could see the info for many books at once, not just for one book. I didn't use CalibreSpy very often, but sometimes it was useful. It would be a pity if it will never be fixed.

Edit: I guess I can use the content server instead of CalibreSpy in a pinch.

Last edited by Sirtel; 11-28-2023 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:40 AM   #239
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

You can copy a show-book, book-details, or view-book link from the context menu of the Book details panel, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-29 162129.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	722.0 KB
ID:	204968

There's no reason to go to Windows to get a book number, it's in the metadata id column. I put it in a virtual column #book_row/Book #, which I display in the book list and Book details. As can be seen I hang any composite icons on the Book # column.

BR
Old 11-29-2023, 12:53 AM   #240
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You can copy a show-book, book-details, or view-book link from the context menu of the Book details panel, viz:

Attachment 204968

There's no reason to go to Windows to get a book number, it's in the metadata id column. I put it in a virtual column #book_row/Book #, which I display in the book list and Book details. As can be seen I hang any composite icons on the Book # column.

BR
I meant for a book in another library, when I don't want to leave the one that's currently open.