Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #166
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I am not sure why you asked if i "even" looked, as if I was expected to read this page to begin with.
Expect - no, hope - yes - the forum allows you to search a thread.

To overcome my similar problem I took the nuclear option, I uninstalled CailbreSpy, deleted its data in the calibre configuration\plugins folder (i.e. the CalibreSpy.json file and the calibrespy_cli folder) and removed _calibrespy_settings tables in my library metadata.db files. Then I reinstalled and reconfigured the plugin.

DaltonST has made subsequent changes, so that may not be necessary now.

I have since tested moving my configuration folder and changing the relevant environment variable accordingly - CS had no problems with handling that. I don't use the program paths feature; if I want something other than the default opener (Read button), I open the book folder and use File Explorer's Open With.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #167
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I regret saying it was just the enf column. It isn't that (or it isn't that alone) I bet there are some long column names or entries that are jamming it up.

Jamming Calibre up? How exactly? Calibre will not quick switch to that library?

Sounds like this is not a CalibreSpy issue.

To save a lot of RAM, run CS in CLI mode without Calibre running at all once you installed CS and ran Calibre at least one time so CS extracts its resources to its cli directory.

Show Tooltip
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2019, 08:29 PM   #168
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, you can remove custom columns in batch via calibredb cli. Defragment metadata.db afterwards.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #169
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

add screen shot

Can you have a look at sorting on integer custom columns, seems to be doing a character sort rather than a value sort - i.e. a 50000 word book sorts before a 250000 word book.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-04-23 092644.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	170862  

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-22-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:33 PM   #170
DaltonST
Deviser

deleted.

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-24-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Beta 2 posted
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #171
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Integer sort is ok, but could you replace the leading zeroes with blanks, and right justify. I've not tested floats because I don't have any.

Name:	Annotation 2019-04-24 073649.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	170901

I am not interested in seeing the book path (I can hit ctrl/d if I need to know), is/could there some way of suppressing its display, e.g. a check box as for series, ratings etc.

And could the current column name be displayed in the status line, or the current cell/column be displayed in a darker/lighter shade - or both

BR
Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #172
DaltonST
Deviser

Beta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Integer sort is ok, but could you replace the leading zeroes with blanks, and right justify. I've not tested floats because I don't have any.

Attachment 170901

I am not interested in seeing the book path (I can hit ctrl/d if I need to know), is/could there some way of suppressing its display, e.g. a check box as for series, ratings etc.

And could the current column name be displayed in the status line, or the current cell/column be displayed in a darker/lighter shade - or both

BR
  • Integer columns, including negative values, now sort as integers and not text.
  • Status line now shows the column name of the "current column" as it changes. Use the left/right arrow keys to change the current column without changing the current row.
  • Path is a required column, and must be loaded or CalibreSpy will break immediately because it is used internally by CS for many essential functions.

If you do not want to see it, it is trivial to Hide any column using the shortcut Alt+H (shown in the Context Menu).

When you Exit from CS properly (i.e. via the Exit Button), it saves the fact that Path is hidden, and the next time you run CS for that Library you will see that Path is still hidden. "Normal Read Only", of course. The "red eye" indicates "Entirely Read Only", for which absolutely nothing is saved, including the current visual state of CS.

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-25-2019 at 12:06 PM. Reason: ZIP removed since new version released.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #173
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Thanks x 2

I was looking for Hide column in the header context menu.

BR
Old 04-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #174
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.71 Python 3 Compatibility & Other Enhancements

Version 1.0.71- 25 Apr 2019 Python 3 Compatibility; Minimum Calibre Version now 3.41.3. Sorting of integer custom columns. Current Column Name shown in status line.

DaltonST
Old 04-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #175
AgCOtter
AgCOtter began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SM-T 580
Update error message

Per your direction please see the following error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 727, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 473, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 62, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 222, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at C:\Users\John_2\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_f4zvnc\ 4cvy8q.zip needs a version of calibre >= 3.41.3

AgCOtter
AgCOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #176
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgCOtter View Post
Per your direction please see the following error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 727, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 473, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 62, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 222, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at C:\Users\John_2\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_f4zvnc\ 4cvy8q.zip needs a version of calibre >= 3.41.3

AgCOtter

Just what it says, the Original Post says, and my last post says. You must update to Calibre version 3.41.3 to use the new CalibreSpy.

DaltonST
Old 07-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #177
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.73 - Miscellaneous Technical Changes.

Version 1.0.73- 19 July 2019 Miscellaneous Technical Changes.

DaltonST
Old 07-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #178
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.74 New CLI option "--reset"

Version 1.0.74- 28 July 2019 New CLI option "--reset" which is used to restore the CS settings table to all of its initial default values. Corresponding new example .bat command file is included in the CS plugin resources folder.

DaltonST
Old 08-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #179
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.75 New CLI option "--prefilter"

Version 1.0.75- 03 Aug 2019 New CLI option "--prefilter" which is used to allow pre-filtering of books to be selected from a Library. Also available directly from the Calibre toolbar icon menu for CS.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibrespy_prefiltering_overview.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	772.4 KB
ID:	172754  

Last edited by DaltonST; 08-03-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: new image
Old 12-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #180
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.76 Technical Tweaks after compiling with Python 3.8

Version 1.0.76- 16 Dec 2019 Technical Tweaks after compiling with Python 3.8

Also, workaround for a specific class behavior change in the Qt used in Calibre 4.6 compared to the Qt CalibreSpy was originally developed using.

DaltonST