Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
grisha
grisha began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Using Iliad with N95

Hi guys,

I have recently acquired an Iliad and are trying to connect its Wifi with my Nokia N95 cellphone.

I have installed JoikuSpot Light 2.0 and the Iliad picks it up but can not connect to it or hold a connection with N95.

I heard something about that Iliad wireless connection file needs to be modified for it to connect to some other wireless devices. If so could someone sum this up? What I did is modify the wireless.sh file

wirelessConnect()
{
# Connect to wireless network
iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc
iwconfig $ethIf essid "$ssid"
rc=$?

I'm not familiar with Linux or Iliad. Is this right?

Also what support for Java is there available?

And last question. What must I do to connect my N95 to the Iliad through the USB cord? So that the Iliad uses the N95 to access the internet.

Cheers in advance.
grisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I am curious about the purpose to connect iLiad with a smartphone. For sharing files or...?
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
I haven't tried this, but this thread sounds like it may help you:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=iliad+ad-hoc
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:32 AM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
The Nokia N95 contains a modem. It also contains a network card to connect to a wireless router.

I don't think you can use the N95 to connect the iLiad to the internet... but if you work it out, please let me know and I'll try it with my N95!

Last edited by cbell; 09-22-2008 at 05:04 AM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
grisha
grisha began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Im trying to connect the N95 with the Iliad using the USB port, I have had very limited success with connecting it using the wifi. It would connect for only a very short period, exchange some data and then disconnect.

Ive been trying to open up the USB connection to allow my nokia to at least share data with it.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts about this
grisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
How are you starting the Wifi connection? If you use the built in functions, it will disconnect after it has checked for updates.

If that is the case, you should use the connection scripts:

http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...cripts-1.0.zip
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
java, n95, nokia, wireless