Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 05:11 AM   #1
Roodavis
Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Closing or clearing list of downloaded books in web browser

When I visit my library from my desktop (not the server) I am presented with a list of books that I have started reading in the eBook viewer, but completed reading on my iPad. How do I clear or hide the list of books that Calibre thinks I still have open and need to continue reading in the eBook viewer? When I login I want to just see my library not previously downloaded books.
Roodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way to clear the list, it will simply show books you have opened using the builtin viewer. Just ignore it if you dont actually use the viewer to read.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #3
Roodavis
Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roodavis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well, I do use the viewer to start reading a book once in a while. Then I finish reading it on my iPad, but then when I login to the web interface on my computer it still shows a long list of books that it thinks I should need to continue to read. If I login as another user, I am not presented with that list, quite possibly I could be presented with a different list if I read a book as that user. So I am guessing that info is stored somewhere. In a cookie on my computer? In a database on my Calibre server? Maybe I just need to change a setting in my user account that a successful login takes me directly to my library book list instead of my previously opened books?

I've not really looked at the page source. Is it javascript, php, python or something else that actually drives or builds the web interface?

Most of the documentation and videos I have seen focus on setting up, configuring and modifying the library or ebook files. Is there documentation available that may help me understand various web UI settings?
Roodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply bookmark the library page and use it instead of the home page, then you will not see the list at all
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote