Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #196
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

No special deals or discounts for me from their NZ store either. Except for deals on audiobooks, which given my allergic antipathy to them casts doubts on Google's alleged omniscience.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:58 AM   #197
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Got a $2 off $8 or more (my first coupon in a long while). The offer was via email.

Really wish the coupons could be applied to pre-orders.
Anyone can use this, no waiting on email or banner, the Promo code is NEWYEAR2019

Sent from my Moto E
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2019, 04:17 AM   #198
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Anyone can use this, no waiting on email or banner, the Promo code is NEWYEAR2019
Not "anyone" it seems. I just tried on both my desktop and my phone, and there was no provision at any point of the purchase process to add a promo code.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:44 AM   #199
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Not "anyone" it seems. I just tried on both my desktop and my phone, and there was no provision at any point of the purchase process to add a promo code.
I got the deal, but no code. For me, it appears to be one of the "automatically applied at checkout" discounts.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:33 AM   #200
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I got the deal, but no code. For me, it appears to be one of the "automatically applied at checkout" discounts.
It is almost certainly to be a geographically restricted offer, I think. So far, it seems, no users outside North America have reported success with it.
Advert
Old 01-04-2019, 06:12 AM   #201
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Probably limited to the US. It doesn't work for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #202
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Got a $2 off $8 or more (my first coupon in a long while). The offer was via email.

Really wish the coupons could be applied to pre-orders.
Can you use this for books? I had a $2 off $10 last month or so but it was for apps, not books.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #203
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
Quote:
There should be a drop-down where you choose your payment method. If you click the drop-down, one of the options is "Redeem". Hope this helps.
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #204
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
There should be a drop-down where you choose your payment method. If you click the drop-down, one of the options is "Redeem". Hope this helps.
Thanks. I would never have looked there. The promo code works for me in US.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #205
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
I meant exactly what I wrote, and I thought I had expressed myself very clearly. Since it appears I was mistaken in that assumption, allow me to repeat myself, with added emphasis:
Quote:
There was no provision at any point of the purchase process to add a promo code.

Last edited by stuartjmz; 01-04-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:20 PM   #206
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
I meant exactly what I wrote, and I thought I had expressed myself very clearly. Since it appears I was mistaken in that assumption, allow me to repeat myself, with added emphasis:
Well, that ought to firmly discourage any further attempts at helping.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #207
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Can you use this for books? I had a $2 off $10 last month or so but it was for apps, not books.
I had the app one as well, though I didn't use it.

This one specifically stated books. "Enjoy a $2 ebook credit."

I haven't yet found any books over $8 that I really want. There were a few $7.99 ones, but they weren't eligible for the offer. It's a shame because there are multiple $13.99 and $14.99 pre-orders I would gladly use it on. Just nothing that is scheduled for release before January 21 when it expires.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #208
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Well, that ought to firmly discourage any further attempts at helping.
I'm not sure how completely ignoring the post to which they replied constituted an offer of help. Especially as I and several others had already pointed out the offer was almost certainly restricted geographically. The person who offered that "help" doesn't have their location listed. If they are outside the US and received the offer, that would have been helpful information, as no non-US resident has yet reported success with the offer.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #209
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
I did not get an email, but I was able to use the NEWYEAR2019 $2 off $8+ ebook code. I find it easier to redeem Play Store codes before trying to buy something so the discount is saved on my account.

I also got a sneaky offer for $1 off $5+ ebook. Using the Play Store app, I clicked Buy on a $7.99 ebook to see if the $2 off applied (it didn't). When I clicked the "go back" (Android) button, I got a pop-up offering $1 off a $5+ ebook for the next 24 hours. I clicked the Continue button and it took me to the checkout dialog. I backed out of that ($7.99 - $1 isn't that good of a deal) and checked under Account-Rewards and I had the new offer saved. YMMV
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:20 AM   #210
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I just tried using "NEWYEAR2019" and got a message, "This code cannot be redeemed from your country." I am buying from Canada.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote