Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #136
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
It was in the banner at the top of the Entertainment/main Google Play page. I had to click on the right arrow as the "usual" Google Play Music, Blockbuster Up to 50% Off, Huge deals on great reads offers showed up first. I think it was the 4th or 5th offer (rectangle).
Yes, the offer was in the top banner (which rotates between offers).

And this was the third time this year I've used one of these $5 off/book offers.
Once in July, then on Black Friday, and now (yesterday).

So, thank you all for this wonderful thread.

Edited to add: Although, I can't recall, the one I used in July might have been a reward from using a gift card... not sure on that one.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #137
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
It was in the banner at the top of the Entertainment/main Google Play page. I had to click on the right arrow as the "usual" Google Play Music, Blockbuster Up to 50% Off, Huge deals on great reads offers showed up first. I think it was the 4th or 5th offer (rectangle).
I was about to say that I didn't see it but I decided to look one more time. I have it now!

I only see it on the Google Play website which is difficult to get to on my tablet. I searched for it on Google, but it took me to the play store on my tablet even though I use Opera browser set to use the desktop version of sites. I finally got to the web page by tapping on the squares you get for google apps on an old browser. Choosing the play store there prompted me to open in a browser and I chose opera. A lot of work but it was worth it. I guess.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 12-24-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #138
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Currently, there are at least two different $5 off any $5 or more ebook reward offers. One of my two accounts has both rewards, the other has neither. One offer showed up the first week of December and expires 1/20/2018. The other showed up last week and expires 1/19/2018. This account already had the same reward that expired 12/3/2017.

So, even if you think you've already claimed an offer, if it seems to show up again, try again. If it's the same offer you've already claimed, it will take you directly to the terms and the list of suggested titles.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #139
mfm-ca
Enthusiast
mfm-ca began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Strange. I now see a banner for $5 off any book over $5. But when I click on the banner, it states I've redeemed the code already, and there isn't a reward in my account. If this is true, then why did this just show up out of nowhere? The last code redeemed was over two weeks ago.
mfm-ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:48 PM   #140
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Just a fact to pass along, for what it's worth.

I received the $5 off offer, first mentioned several weeks ago, in the form of a banner ad on the Google Play website. I used it about a week ago. Several days ago, I got a $1 off offer in my _email_, that's good until January 18, I think that it is.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #141
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I just got an email that says "$5 credit toward your first book" and "start reading on us". Not that I'm complaining about getting $5.00, but I have been buying ebooks from Google for a while now......
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:05 PM   #142
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I received the same email, I already had a $3 and $5 credit--had to use the $5 one today--now after buying an ebook still have 2 credits. The downside was the credit received today in the fine print said it was for that email account only, good until 02/01/2018.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I just got an email that says "$5 credit toward your first book" and "start reading on us". Not that I'm complaining about getting $5.00, but I have been buying ebooks from Google for a while now......
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #143
mfm-ca
Enthusiast

I don't get it. I have *never* received an email from Google with any of these offers despite having purchased from them the last couple of years. I get the occasional offer in a banner on a Google Play page, but no email offers.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #144
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I've never gotten an email either and haven't seen the banner for quite a while now.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #145
mfm-ca
Enthusiast

I wonder what the connection is for those of us not getting the email offers. Seems most here do get them.

And I hear you about the banners. The last one I got was a week and a half ago, which had been some time since the prior one. But the code was already considered redeemed (I posted that issue on this thread). I contacted Google Play about it, and they were never able to explain to me why I would be seeing a banner with a redeemed code.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #146
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
In response to the last two posts, I encourage you to read or re-read post #114. That might fix the problems.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #147
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Log in to Google, go to Play, then click the settings gear, under "Email Preferences" make sure you have the check box labelled "Keep me up to date with news and offers from Google Play." checked.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfm-ca View Post
I don't get it. I have *never* received an email from Google with any of these offers despite having purchased from them the last couple of years. I get the occasional offer in a banner on a Google Play page, but no email offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I've never gotten an email either and haven't seen the banner for quite a while now.
Edit: Beaten to the punch.

Last edited by gbm; 01-18-2018 at 08:51 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #148
mfm-ca
Enthusiast

I have the Email Preferences option set, and it's been that way for quite some time on my account.

I do get emails from Google Play when I purchase eBooks, so I know the email settings are correct.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #149
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Thanks, I got the offer too.

I am NOT complaining about free book money, but I sometimes wish we could use it to buy books under $5. They could even keep the difference.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #150
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I got it too right after I use the last one.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote