Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I find Mobile Devices a useful category to discuss PDA's, tablets and other devices that are not dedicated readers. I think we still need that one. I may be a minority but I like news being news. When the polls were started in the news section I came very close to moving them because they are not news. I still think they were in the wrong section. News, IMHO is the place to discuss the things that appear on the Home page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #32
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

I should have my Kindle very soon. I need to add a dictionary (spell check and lookup) add-in's to my browser. However, I hear Mac's have this built into the OS.

BOb
Firefox will spell check for ya.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Firefox will spell check for ya.
Yea, there's an IE add-on too. I just haven't installed it.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #34
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I find Mobile Devices a useful category to discuss PDA's, tablets and other devices that are not dedicated readers. I think we still need that one.
There is E-Book Devices - Other Portable Devices.

Quote:
I may be a minority but I like news being news.
The distinction is blurry in many cases. You may post something about DRM that is news and commentary at the same time.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #35
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Technically, most of the E-Book devices are Mobile Devices so if we keep that title for the section we could have:

Mobile Devices
|- E-Book News & Talk
|- E-Book Deals, Freebies, & Other Resources
|- Other Mobile Devices

If the drop off in postings continues in that section then it can be merged into E-Book News & Talk.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #36
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hmmm. I think you guys are mixing hardware-related with non-necessarily-hardware-related. I don't see how we could rename "E-Books" into "Mobile Devices".
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #37
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Scratch what I said.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #38
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Good plan. I especially like renaming "News" to "News and Talk" because I think that's what's happening in that section anyway. Could be "News and Commentary," I suppose.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #39
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I agree with just about everything, but I also think we need to keep the "mobile devices" section to talk about hardware (like mobile phones, PMPs and similar) that is not primarily for reading purposes...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:36 AM   #40
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dale, Roland, I think it got overlooked, but last week we moved the mobile device section (which was part of the parent "Mobile Devices") to E-Book Devices -> Other Portable Devices. I think this is what you were referring to.

The parent "Mobile Devices", which will removed, also contained such sections as the mobile links collection, the Sunrise support forum, etc. These forums we've currently hidden as they're going to be moved to the "Forum Archive" (they are no longer being supported or main part of MobileRead).
Old 05-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #41
jobin007007
jobin007007 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Lightbulb Can we add "Ebook Reader Review" Sections

Revised--

Can we have a section for "EBOOK READER REVIEWS" that has REVIEWS, REVIEWS,REVIEWS,REVIEWS of Ebook readers AND NOTHING ELSE.

In the subsection of this "Ebook Reader Reviews", there would be different sections for each ebook device.

It would be nice if there was a way people could enter the time they had the device for ++ the software, hardware version of the device.

There should be a section for PR0'S versus CON'S review for each device.

People should be warned to keep the review brief and number the sections.

THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL TO SO MANY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jobin007007; 05-24-2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Ooops---Taylor514ce suggestion
jobin007007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #42
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Please disambiguate the term "EBOOK". jobin007007. Are you referring to the books, or the devices used to display the books? In either case, I think Alexander has both covered in his reorganization plans.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #43
jobin007007
jobin007007 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Angry Future Ebook devices gone???

Did the owner remove the Future Ebook devices section and merge it with news?

That isnt right coz...there is a lot of stuff other than news that we get that we can discuss about Future ebook devices?????????????

Please put it back.
jobin007007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #44
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup, the Future E-Book Devices has been merged with several other things into "E-Books News and Talk" (or will be, when the re-org is complete)-- there is a logic to it: future devices would come to us as news first of all, and once the devices actually become real products (and develop some following) they'll be moved into a discrete category of their own.

I think that this actually makes a lot of sense -- the old way made it difficult to figure out where to put things sometimes, and this set of categories should be less ambiguous.

Obviously there are an infinite number of organizational approaches that make sense, so the challenge is picking one that makes sense to the most people.

Besides which, if it does turn out that this approach doesn't work well, then it could be adjusted.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #45
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobin007007 View Post
Can we have a section for "EBOOK READER REVIEWS" that has REVIEWS, REVIEWS,REVIEWS,REVIEWS of Ebook readers AND NOTHING ELSE.
I like the idea. Let's keep it in mind when we come to the part of the reorganization where we'll discuss new sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobin007007 View Post
That isnt right coz...there is a lot of stuff other than news that we get that we can discuss about Future ebook devices?
Because most of the news content related to upcoming e-book devices got cross-posted in those two sections, we decided to consolidate them. To provide some structure to the consolidated news section, we'll add optional thread prefixes which we will discuss together in a later part of the reorganization.

Tags
forum reorganization, mobileread