Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hmm... intriguing. i am not sure if i would like that, but i would definitely be willing to try it. no malomars for me either though (beurk).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #32
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Actually the combination of hot and cold sounds intriguing.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #33
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Chocolate and chilli quite naturally go well together (well, I think they've been used together in hot drink in some parts of South America for some centuries), but the combination with the cold of the icecream is magic.

Incidentally, I make icecream, though I haven't made this one. Amongst the flavours, I do a nectarine icecream (perfect for sweet pies, but a bit too rich on its own - it actually has almost a coconut milk flavour), as well as a vanilla and crushed Ferrero Rochere one.

Massimo, who lives across the road and whose shop (Massimos) is down on the beach, makes the best icecream though. Mmmm, cinnamon, pistachio, lychee, white chocolate, meringue and amaretto...and so on.....arrgglllllll.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #34
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do a lemon semi-freddo, which people seem to like; also a rich vanilla, to which I sometimes add amaretto and those crushed Italian macaroon biscuits (-the name escapes me).
Old 05-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #35
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I do a lemon semi-freddo, which people seem to like
The Loved One would like that - he's fond of the citrus-y tartness.

Quote:
; also a rich vanilla, to which I sometimes add amaretto and those crushed Italian macaroon biscuits (-the name escapes me).
It sounds delicious. Do you mean biscotti?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #36
Patricia
Reader

Amaretti biscuits and amaretto liqueur. The result is a vaguely alcoholic almond taste.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #37
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Well, better brownies than sídhe, I suppose. The mushrooms are so annoying.
Gaelic has to be the language which has the least resemblance between the appearance of a word and its pronounciation .

In case anyone doesn't know, "sidhe" is pronounced "she".
I used to work with a gal named Niamh -- pronounced "nēv". There was also a guy whose name was pronounced "kəthal" which I couldn't begin to spell. Oddly enough, most folks couldn't handle pronouncing his name and just called him "Charlie," I got it easily after hearing it only 3 or 4 times.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:55 AM   #38
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Funny story about Niahm: I was at our other site right after she had just left it, and she called me and asked if I'd pick up the package she'd forgotten in her rental car and bring it back to her when I returned, it was a present for her boyfriend.

I didn't mind at all, and picked it up, no problem. But then I got to thinking (this was in ~1998), when I get to the airport that conversation will be very interesting:

Security Guy: Has anyone given you anything to carry on the plane?
Me: Yes, my friend and co-worker the Irish National gave me this wrapped package and I really have no idea what's in it, but I'm sure it'll be just fine.

I decided I'd just avoid the whole situation and sent it through inter-office mail.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #39
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Looks like I've missed out on something here...

I did make a mocha ice cream this last week; although the flavour was good something went wrong with the texture unfortunately...must see about this chocolate and chilli... they must make great friends...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #40
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
must see about this chocolate and chilli... they must make great friends...
Shivering in my boots at the thought ....... I'd hate to adulterate my chocolate to even try this! However, there is a mallomar-like cookie quite common in the States' stores which I can devour..... Can't find the name though. Haven't bought it recently cuz it's dangerous to the waistline.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist

Sounds like a Moon Pie. Or do you mean Nabisco's "Pinwheels?"
Old 05-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #42
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Shivering in my boots at the thought ....... I'd hate to adulterate my chocolate to even try this! However, there is a mallomar-like cookie quite common in the States' stores which I can devour..... Can't find the name though. Haven't bought it recently cuz it's dangerous to the waistline.
Looking at your Av, there's nothing wrong with your waistline...

Edit :
BTW, shivering is supposed to be a good exercise.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #43
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Sounds like a Moon Pie. Or do you mean Nabisco's "Pinwheels?"
Pinswheels -- that's the one. Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Looking at your Av, there's nothing wrong with your waistline...
Thank you! That's why it's my avatar. The power of imagination ...
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #44
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Pinswheels -- that's the one. Yum!

Thank you! That's why it's my avatar. The power of imagination ...
I thought it was your avatar in order to keep the hordes at bay, what with that sharp axe and all...
Old 05-27-2008, 05:08 AM   #45
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Chocolate and chilli quite naturally go well together (well, I think they've been used together in hot drink in some parts of South America for some centuries), but the combination with the cold of the icecream is magic.

Incidentally, I make icecream, though I haven't made this one. Amongst the flavours, I do a nectarine icecream (perfect for sweet pies, but a bit too rich on its own - it actually has almost a coconut milk flavour), as well as a vanilla and crushed Ferrero Rochere one.

Massimo, who lives across the road and whose shop (Massimos) is down on the beach, makes the best icecream though. Mmmm, cinnamon, pistachio, lychee, white chocolate, meringue and amaretto...and so on.....arrgglllllll.

Cheers,
Marc
You're quite an epicurian Marc. Massimo's gelati look pretty imaginative, he must love gawking at his bewildered clients' faces.

Chocolate and chili are truly a classic pair. There are quite a few chocolatiers around here who concoct fabulous mixes of the two. And what about the traditional chocolate chicken pot.

We have a beer festival around here also, last time I had a chili beer, it had a two inch chili pepper at the bottom of the bottle. Useless to say that I chose that one to be the last taste test of the day.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote