Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
asllearner
Enthusiast
asllearner began at the beginning.

Device: none
great, but error setting cover.

This looks like a great feature.

For sh*ts and g*ggl*s I tried to create my own book. I imported a picture and tried to make it the cover and got the following message:

calibre, version 1.16.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:OPF() got an unexpected keyword argument 'type'

calibre 1.16 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-10.8.0-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '10.8.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.6.8', ('', '', ''), 'i386')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/boss.py", line 123, in mark_requested
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/cover.py", line 78, in mark_as_cover
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/cover.py", line 153, in mark_as_cover_epub
TypeError: OPF() got an unexpected keyword argument 'type'

I was able to get it all sorted out by putting a new cover in in Calibre, polishing the book to get it inserted. But somewhat cumbersome... Maybe there is a better way???
asllearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a bug, causing an error when inserting a cover into a book that previously had no cover, fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There was a new book Learning curve,

But it works on XP.

I created a New Book
I create a new Xhtml file ( could be friendlier and supply the extension:xhtml or CSS,)
I imported an Image (and Trimmed it)
I used the Image Insert Tool to place it on the page
I added a Title (h1) for G & G

Validated
Saved
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
jasonxin
jasonxin began at the beginning.

The calibre works wonderful in my win7 system, but not that perfect in win8.
And this is what I got when I tried to convert any book.

calibre, version 1.16.0
<b>error</b>123, 'CreateFile', 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.')

calibre 1.16 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 278, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\metadata.py", line 236, in commit
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 465, in set_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1145, in set_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1140, in set_field
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 944, in set_field
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1357, in windows_check_if_files_in_use
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 348, in __init__
error: (123, 'CreateFile', 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.')
jasonxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
jasonxin
jasonxin began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's a bug, causing an error when inserting a cover into a book that previously had no cover, fixed in the next release.
by the way, I think the dictionary would be excellent if it just display pop-up when double-click or select a word.
jasonxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
Maki car
Maki car began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
People,
what can I do with error 123?
I am unable to do anything about the name of thr book or of the author?
Maki car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Windows PE is not designed to be the primary operating system on a computer, but is instead used as a standalone preinstallation environment, according to MS.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adding cover