Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #1201
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I haven't seen one. On the metadata edit dialog, you can use the paste button next to the identifiers to put the identifier in. If the clipboard has the URI for an identifier in it, then the identifier will be added (eg. If the clipboard is "zotero://select/items/0_QMACKRJQ", it will add "zotero:0_QMACKRJQ). But, you can add identifiers to the right-click menu of the button.

Hmm, you can remove an identifier in the book details pane. Maybe it should also allow adding one.

I use the same process as you using the metadata edit dialogue, although I can't add identifiers to the menu of the button, is there a plugin? or is this feature can be made into a plugin?

Thanks for telling me the identifier in the book detals pane, I will request for a feature to allow adding identifiers.
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:10 AM   #1202
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
'fraid not.

My baseline position on entering metadata for a single book is that you'd have to be nuts not to do it directly into the book list cells. You can arrange the columns in a left to right sequence that best suits what your doing, I use View manager to facilitate this. You can copy a set of column values from one book to another using ctrl+c and ctrl+v, there's a tweak to define which columns are copied. You can see what your doing in context of other books, e.g. if it's book in series you might want start by doing a search for that series.

As far as I know the only column that can't be entered via the book list cells is Identifiers. That for me was a reason to not use custom identifiers to create links -- and I also didn't like my custom links masquerading as book store links

BR
Too bad there is no easy way to add identifiers. I will try requesting a feature for adding on the book panel

Thank you for sharing View manager, I will install it, looks like I can use it to hide columns I don't need to know when choosing a book to read.
Advert
Old 02-07-2019, 01:41 AM   #1203
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
I use the same process as you using the metadata edit dialogue, although I can't add identifiers to the menu of the button, is there a plugin? or is this feature can be made into a plugin?
Right-clicking on the identifier paste button should show a menu with "Edit list of prefixes" at the top and several prefixes under it. Clicking the first item will open a dialog where you can change which prefixes are listed on the menu.

If that isn't there, then update calibre. I don't remember exactly when this was added, but it was at least six months ago.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:05 AM   #1204
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Right-clicking on the identifier paste button should show a menu with "Edit list of prefixes" at the top and several prefixes under it. Clicking the first item will open a dialog where you can change which prefixes are listed on the menu.

If that isn't there, then update calibre. I don't remember exactly when this was added, but it was at least six months ago.
I see it now, Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #1205
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I'm wondering if there can be a way to tweak the Calibre Amazon metadata to download the asin identifiers instead of isbn. Also, would really like to see the tags go into a genre column. I can't find the Amazon info in the Calibre files (other than the basic .py that says what fields to download).
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2019, 10:38 AM   #1206
getupor
getupor began at the beginning.

Device: Samsumg Galaxy Tab 2
Hello all
It would be very helpfull for french user of Calibre to get a bedetheque scraper, www.bedetheque.com is one of the most fullfilled database for BD, comics in french. It's something which exist on ComicRack (here) and be very usefull on Calibre to get complete metadatas in french
getupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #1207
peter0conor
peter0conor began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK
Smile Plugin for searching specific words within books

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if there is any plugin available in Calibre to perform searches for specific text within all books. I am assuming this functionality is still not included by default in Calibre, so any plugin performing this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Pet
peter0conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #1208
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
QualityCheck allows searching EPUB files.

MultiColumnSearch allows searching TXT files and has options to export results to custom columns.

I think there might be another plugin but iirc, it's Linux only.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #1209
peter0conor
peter0conor began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK
Thanks for the quick answer. What about searching into PDF documents?

Sincerely,
Pet
peter0conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #1210
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

no single "correct" answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter0conor View Post
What about searching into PDF documents?

The MCS plug-in has many different kinds of searches for many different scenarios. MultiColumnSearch's full-text search capabilities require you to use Calibre's conversion features to convert any ebook format(s) you want to search to a TXT format. Convert one time, search endlessly. The conversion to a simple .txt file is very fast, and the resulting .txt files are very small. If you use the MCS full-text search, then you can also use the MCS word-index search function.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261712

Or, you could install the Drop Search Results plug-in then drag-and-drop full-text search results (i.e., Calibre book paths created by applications such as Agent Ransack) onto the DSR icon.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=271816

https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

What search tools you use are very dependent on what type of searches you perform, how often, and for what quantity of ebooks. There is no single "correct" answer. Your choice(s) to make.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 03-16-2019 at 04:46 PM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #1211
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Windows Search and the DSR plugin. IMO learning the the basics of MS's Advanced Query Syntax is well worth the effort - e.g. type:pdf counter will limit the search for "counter" to PDFs. I use Adobe's PDF iFilter, even though i don't use Acrobat.

Moderator Notice
I merged your original thread into here

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-16-2019 at 05:13 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #1212
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getupor View Post
Hello all
It would be very helpfull for french user of Calibre to get a bedetheque scraper, www.bedetheque.com is one of the most fullfilled database for BD, comics in french. It's something which exist on ComicRack (here) and be very usefull on Calibre to get complete metadatas in french
I suggest you also ask in the MR Forum Français->Software forum

FWIW : most plugins are written by someone who has the need.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #1213
mirikbb
mirikbb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre lib sync

Hello

I am thinking about to have a possibility to create library synchronisation function, which will allow to sync subset of ebooks(virtual libraries) with another library.

I am having main library (LIB1) with a lot of books, which serves as my main library. As this library is very huge, it is not possible to run it on my raspberry where I would like to share it with users on my local LAN via web interface.
So I created new library (LIB2), exported subset of books from main library LIB1 and imported to LIB2.
That works very well and is what I need.
BUT
I am doing all the updates, additions only to my main library LIB1 and then I am doing again export-import to LIB2.
Sometimes the scope of books required to have in LIB2 is changing in large extent.
But that's very inconvenient/uncomfortable. Whole procedure by cloning library structure, exporting ebooks, importing ebooks, replacing LIB2 with new content take relatively long (cca 3 hours for about 1000 ebooks)
Even I have it automated via scripts, some kind of automation of this process, on Calibre level, would be very useful and time saving (eg. syncing just changes, real time or offline syncing).
Importance is also in fact, that all disk operations due to content comparison and rewriting is degrading life of SD card which is used by raspberry pi as disk storage. Calibre internal comparison on DB level, would mean just content comparison/evaluation/manipulation in memory and then disk changes would occur only on really changed items.

Currently there is "copy/move to library" function in Calibre, but it doesn't do for example "mirroring" in terms of remove ebooks from LIB2 which aren't marked for copy from LIB1.
I am limited in python programming knowledge, so maybe there is somebody in this community who find it useful and eager to code it.
Also maybe another Calibre users will see this as useful feature.

Thanx a lot.
mirikbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #1214
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Have you looked into Library Splitter by DaltonST?

Even if that doesn't work, I would still recommend a different workflow than import/export directly onto (slow!, limited-write) SD card. Use the HDD for staging/temp and just use something like FreeFileSync or Robocopy to sync changes to the SD card once everything's cleaned up.

I do something similar as you (library subset). My workflow consists of some Robocopy batch scripts (Windows) and Calibre "Library maintenance -> Check library".

Workflow:
Spoiler:
  1. Create full mirror copy (first time only)
    Code:
    robocopy "source_lib" "target_lib" /mir /fft /dst /np /ndl /nfl
  2. Copy new files since last update date
    Code:
    robocopy "source_lib" "target_lib" /s /maxage:YYYYMMDD /fft /dst /np /ndl /log:"logfile"
  3. Open target_lib in Calibre.
  4. Run "Library maintenance -> Check library", click "Yes" on the pop-up to check if files match.
  5. Click on "Mark all for fix", uncheck "Missing cover files", then click on "Fix marked".
  6. Click on "Mark all for delete", then click on "Delete marked". (This step's probably not needed as there likely wouldn't be books/files in target_lib that are missing from source_lib)
  7. Click on "Done".
  8. Delete entries with no formats and other unwanted books from target_lib (click Yes when asked to permanently delete).
  9. Run "Library maintenance -> Check library", click "Yes" on the pop-up to check if files match.
  10. Sync target_lib to flash drive/SD card.
    Code:
    robocopy "target_lib" "path\to\sdcard\target_lib" /mir /fft /dst /np /ndl /log:"logfile"

On SSD, steps 2-9 take less than 10 minutes total with a 6K source library. I'm sure there must be a way to do something similar using cp on Linux/Mac.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 03-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:02 AM   #1215
quarkpott
quarkpott began at the beginning.

Count Plugin

Hey,

I don't know if somebofy always did a plugin which can count all pages an all prices together. I am searching for something like that but did not found it.
I use calibre for my printed books not for eBooks.
quarkpott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe