Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #1186
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibr includes plugins to send books to the CURRENTLY (USB) connected deviced (it auto detects). It always has.

Send by email allows you to e-mail to users (devices) that can RECEIVE books by mail (eg the Kindles).

IN ALL cases
You need to select books to send, which is why I don't understand your 'hunt through the Calibre Library'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #1187
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Plugin incorporating kindlegen

How about a plugin that incorporates kindlegen, since the regular calibre conversion to "mobi-both" type doesn't always work correctly when the book is emailed to the Amazon server.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #1188
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
How about a plugin that incorporates kindlegen, since the regular calibre conversion to "mobi-both" type doesn't always work correctly when the book is emailed to the Amazon server.
On skimming Doitsu's Sigil kindlegen plugin thread I got the impression calibre already can do what kindlegen does, and possibly more - but I've read your other thread too.

You could ask Doitsu directly, he's ported a couple of his Sigil PI's to Calibre, but he may have already decided it's too hard.

Otherwise just add Sigil to the calibre Open With list for EPUBs, give it a keyboard shortcut (I use Shift+S) and use Doitsu's Kindlegen plugin from there. Just make sure you don't already have the EPUB open in another program like the calibre editor or a radar. Right click an EPUB in book details to access calibre's Open with options.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-08-2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:02 AM   #1189
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
The easiest solution would be a batch file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
On skimming Doitsu's Sigil kindlegen plugin thread I got the impression calibre already can do what kindlegen does, and possibly more - but I've read your other thread too.
My Sigil plugin is primarily intended for KDP authors. Most users are better off using Calibre for converting and transferring books. I'll definitely not port the KindleGen plugin to Calibre.

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-09-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #1190
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The easiest solution would be a batch file.

My Sigil plugin is primarily intended for KDP authors. Most users are better off using Calibre for converting and transferring books. I'll definitely not port the KindleGen plugin to Calibre.
Thank you. I'll just use the batch file to run them through kindlegen, and import them into Calibre to send them to the Amazon cloud, since the Calibre conversion doesn't always create mobis that work correctly with Amazon's cloud.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #1191
Kekay
Kekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Anything is possible, but it might be easier to write that as an external tool.

I'd start by bursting the pages into images and then scripts in photoshop to automate the processing.
Thank you very much for your feedback Compurandom! I will try to do that for sure
Kekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #1192
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Hi,

Can a plugin be a custom column?

I would like to add uri (zotero://select/items/0_QMACKRJQ) into a custom column quickly and click it so it will open the folder/program

I tried using BetterRed's suggestions:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...om+column+link

1. The identifiers does not work, or I added wrong?

zotero
Zotero
zotero://{id}

2. Adding it as a custom column as html works but I have to click on the link to create a link.

or can a plugin make a calibre:\\ uri that does not change similar to zotero? I used to use the path but everytime the book is updated ( changed the title), the path is changed.

I just like to reference the book into zotero without it breaking if I update the book.

I changed my tactics so instead of adding calibre link into zotero, I will link zotero uri into calibre.

Are there any solution to this?

Thank you!

Last edited by pleiadesc; 02-05-2019 at 11:03 PM.
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:40 AM   #1193
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
Hi,

I would like to add uri (zotero://select/items/0_QMACKRJQ) into a custom column quickly and click it so it will open the folder/program

zotero
Zotero
If the URI you have above is correct, then it looks like the rule should be:

zotero://select/items/{id}

Then add the identifier as:

zotero:0_QMACKRJQ

Quote:

2. Adding it as a custom column as html works but I have to click on the link to create a link.

or can a plugin make a calibre:\\ uri that does not change similar to zotero? I used to use the path but everytime the book is updated ( changed the title), the path is changed.

I just like to reference the book into zotero without it breaking if I update the book.

I changed my tactics so instead of adding calibre link into zotero, I will link zotero uri into calibre.

There is a Zotero Metadata Importer plugin that might do what you want. I don't have Zotero, so I haven't really looked at it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:54 AM   #1194
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi,

zotero
Zotero

Thank you!
Identifiers do work - but they may not be suited to your use case.

I stopped using them. Having half the 'story' in the Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details dialogue and the other half in the Metadata Edit->Basic Metadata dialogue didn't suit me at all. So I use Links in long text columns, which I can edit in the book list along with all the other metadata.

I this instance I would create a long text HTML column with Header on the side called #zotero/Zotero.

But, but, but - there's this plugin ==>> Zotero Metadata Importer

Does it not do what you want?

BR
Old 02-06-2019, 03:25 AM   #1195
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

@davidfor

Thanks for correcting the rule.

@BetterRed

Thank you for your advice.

I think the identifiers won't work also,

Using the long text is working, but there is a lot of steps to do, I'm afraid I will just stop using it after a while.

I'm also going to be using it with evernote for writing notes about the book.

I think a custom column that is interpreted as a link will solve this.

Thank you, I will make a feature request for that.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:40 AM   #1196
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Thank you davidfor and BetterRed

I think the identifiers will work in my case
Old 02-06-2019, 04:59 AM   #1197
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
@davidfor

Thanks for correcting the rule.

@BetterRed

Thank you for your advice.

I think the identifiers won't work also,

Using the long text is working, but there is a lot of steps to do, I'm afraid I will just stop using it after a while.

I'm also going to be using it with evernote for writing notes about the book.

I think a custom column that is interpreted as a link will solve this.

Thank you, I will make a feature request for that.
What do you call a lot of steps?

You can open a Long Text cell edit box by pressing F2 in the book list, and you can add a link to a web page by dragging its 'handle' into the edit box **. If you want to give it a label (it defaults to the url) go into the HTML tab and edit the <a ref= text. Or you can copy the url and use the link tool. Click OK (or press Alt+K) to close the edit box.

An Evernote note is even easier, select Copy External link from the Note drop down. Then open the Long Text cell with F2 and press Ctrl V. In this instance the Note name will be in the <a ref text- and it'll be green so you know its an Evernote link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	169523

It helps if you have a gadget to make windows stay on top - to be honest I don't know how people can use a desktop GUI without one. Oh, and it helps if you stay away from the single Metadata Edit dialogue - I very rarely use it.

I just discovered that drag-n-droppable page handles are peculiar to Firefox - Chrome and Edge don't seem to have them Ψ³ Sometimes I wonder if we're regressing to Mosaic.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-06-2019 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #1198
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

@BetterRed

Thank you very much for the advice! Thinking about it a second time, I could use both of your techniques, the identifiers for zotero links and the Long text for evernote.

This is off topic, do you have a quick shortcut to add identifiers? The only way is to go thru the Metadata Edit dialogue

Thank you again!

Last edited by pleiadesc; 02-06-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:18 PM   #1199
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
This is off topic, do you have a quick shortcut to add identifiers? The only way is to go thru the Metadata Edit dialogue
I haven't seen one. On the metadata edit dialog, you can use the paste button next to the identifiers to put the identifier in. If the clipboard has the URI for an identifier in it, then the identifier will be added (eg. If the clipboard is "zotero://select/items/0_QMACKRJQ", it will add "zotero:0_QMACKRJQ). But, you can add identifiers to the right-click menu of the button.

Hmm, you can remove an identifier in the book details pane. Maybe it should also allow adding one.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:10 PM   #1200
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
'fraid not.

My baseline position on entering metadata for a single book is that you'd have to be nuts not to do it directly into the book list cells. You can arrange the columns in a left to right sequence that best suits what your doing, I use View manager to facilitate this. You can copy a set of column values from one book to another using ctrl+c and ctrl+v, there's a tweak to define which columns are copied. You can see what your doing in context of other books, e.g. if it's book in series you might want start by doing a search for that series.

As far as I know the only column that can't be entered via the book list cells is Identifiers. That for me was a reason to not use custom identifiers to create links -- and I also didn't like my custom links masquerading as book store links

BR

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe