Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-23-2023, 09:45 AM   #46
bubble_75
bubble_75 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketboot InkPad 3
Thenk you all, especially Matthias, for that detailed information and instructions.
I now have the similar problem with my PB740, and would like to start from the battery replacement.

Could anybody please recall how big is the battery slot actually? I found this battery, it not that thick (3.8mm instead of 5), but 2mm longer than original one. Are that 2mm critical, or original battery somehow loose in the slot?

I'd like not to disassemble the device before replacement arrived, I've lost so many small parts from other devices already

Thank you!
bubble_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:01 AM   #47
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Check page 2. Cheers!
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 04:01 PM   #48
bubble_75

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
Check page 2. Cheers!
Thank you for the answer on a so old topic. That's actually why I ask: You state 76mm, but original battery is 78mm according to its model number. Ok, I'll check myself (preparing a big zipper bag). Thank you! And thanks again for the detailed disassembly instructions, let's hope my hands are suitable for that.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:40 PM   #49
bubble_75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble_75 View Post
Thank you for the answer on a so old topic. That's actually why I ask: You state 76mm, but original battery is 78mm according to its model number. Ok, I'll check myself (preparing a big zipper bag). Thank you! And thanks again for the detailed disassembly instructions, let's hope my hands are suitable for that.
Well, it mostly fits, I just needed to a little bit adjust a metal frame with a mini-grinder, to wires to go not over the battery. Cracked the screen during re-assemble process, luckily found one on e-bay. Thank you guys for the amazing help with instructions and everything else!
Old 01-29-2024, 05:09 AM   #50
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
I am glad to see you managed to repair all defects!
All the best to you and all readers !
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:24 AM   #51
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
I would just like to add, for those who want to remove the battery, I would recommend using "Solvents - LABEL REMOVER / adhesive remover", the battery will come off almost by itself, after that it is easier to clean the surface to stick a new battery.

for batteries and mobile phones i use: Cover & Battery Remover : Dissolvant Magique, dose 1 ml
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	206117  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 01-30-2024 at 12:10 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:52 AM   #52
Matthias_BL
Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I would just like to add, for those who want to remove the battery, I would recommend using "Solvents - LABEL REMOVER / adhesive remover", the battery will come off almost by itself, after that it is easier to clean the surface to stick a new battery.

for batteries and mobile phones i use: Cover & Battery Remover : Dissolvant Magique, dose 1 ml
Thanks to all and thanks to bubble_75 for honouring and acknowledging my contribution.

Well @Michal Jancik: Nice try to sell some products. But as far as I am handle and engineering Devices of microelectronics an sensitive displays, I would NEVER EVER start to inject some fluids into a device.

You will never ever get it out of the device for 100%. And what happen then with the remaining fluid next summer having the device on the beach at the sun reading, and Temp. of Device rises at 45-50°C?

But it's you choise.

Happy weekend @all.
Matthias
Matthias_BL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 07:01 AM   #53
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias_BL View Post
Thanks to all and thanks to bubble_75 for honouring and acknowledging my contribution.

Well @Michal Jancik: Nice try to sell some products. But as far as I am handle and engineering Devices of microelectronics an sensitive displays, I would NEVER EVER start to inject some fluids into a device.
I have been working in microelectronics for over fifteen years, and I can assure you that these special solvents are commonly used when replacing or removing batteries. In addition, the battery is never glued to the electronics, and when applying, the amount is applied in drops only to loosen the adhesive so that no damage occurs when the battery is separated. (someone may want to forcefully remove the battery and may damage the chassis, or use of the item may damage the battery and cause acid leakage, which may seriously damage internal components and may even cause the battery to catch fire).

However, I respect your choice and of course you proceed according to your preferences and experience

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 02-03-2024 at 07:35 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 08:56 AM   #54
Valwit
Enthusiast
Valwit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Inkpad3Pro
most of these things are IPA based, it evaporates pretty quickly.
Valwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 07:49 AM   #55
Matthias_BL
Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthias_BL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
...In addition, the battery is never glued to the electronics, and when applying, the amount is applied in drops only to loosen the adhesive so that no damage occurs when the battery is separated.
Thank you for you reply. I may learn that modern times get modern tools too .
Matthias_BL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery replacement, firmware, freeze, inkpad