Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
1nemo1
1nemo1 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
My book is backwards!

I downloaded an epub book whose pages read from right to left (the way hebrew, arabic and manga books do). In all other ways the book functions normally, i.e. the text on each page reads from left to right, the index links all work etc.

Is there any way to use Calibre to correct this annoyance? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything about this problem - sorry if I missed any earlier discussion about this.

Thanks for any guidance.
1nemo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What is the Computers language?
Preferences: Look and Feel: Choose Language allows calibre UI to have a different language.

Lastly, what language was set in the Library Listing for that book? If that was a LTR language, that is what might affect the conversion.

AFAIK The character set does not set the direction

You might get a quick fix by adding this line to the Body style (class) in the CSS using the Editor

Code:
 direction: rtl;
apologies if this is not a cure, I only read a LTR language
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote