Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #16
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
FYI, I wouldn’t have started the other thread about white on black if the thread supposedly about 5.12.5 hadn’t turned into a series of rants about the supposed end of life-ing of the PW3!!!!! I didn’t notice this thread at the time. God. No more threads then, in case I annoy someone on here.
Hey if this ain't a huge misunderstanding! To set things straight: I'm genuinely glad that you have started this dark mode thread!!! It's what I was looking for in the original FW thread. The stupid battle over there actually started as a weird reply to me asking about the dark mode button

Why would anyone be annoyed by you just being consequent and starting your own thread after the other one is beyond saving?

Cheers and sorry if I made it sound like I was lashing out at you - wasn't my intention!
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #17
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS-T2 View Post
Hey if this ain't a huge misunderstanding! To set things straight: I'm genuinely glad that you have started this dark mode thread!!! It's what I was looking for in the original FW thread. The stupid battle over there actually started as a weird reply to me asking about the dark mode button

Why would anyone be annoyed by you just being consequent and starting your own thread after the other one is beyond saving?

Cheers and sorry if I made it sound like I was lashing out at you - wasn't my intention!
I’m sorry for being so touchy!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2020, 05:41 AM   #18
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I’m sorry for being so touchy!
No prob here, let's just get back to the topic

In the meantime, one more Reddit user showed their dark mode toggle, followed by a crowd of users commenting they're still waiting for it. Last time I checked, it was unclear whether this happened on 5.12.4 or 5.12.5. I've seen some on .4 receiving the toggle on PW.
Seems like a lot of people keep their Kindles on airplane mode to avoid recent updates and the missing covers bug for side-loaded books. Maybe that's one reason why sightings are so sparse?
Old 05-23-2020, 06:00 AM   #19
Ahalya
Ahalya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA One
I've got it on my oasis 3. Upgraded it to 5.12.5 a week or so ago. And then yesterday, when buying a book, it suddenly appeared.
Ahalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #20
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahalya View Post
I've got it on my oasis 3. Upgraded it to 5.12.5 a week or so ago. And then yesterday, when buying a book, it suddenly appeared.
Ahh, good. It is a feature for paying customers only. I shall try to buy a free book from my Oasis directly and see if that also works.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #21
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I am a paying customer and I don't have it yet either. I don't really need it though so I'd rather not have that as an icon up top, but oh well.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #22
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It has nothing to do with whether you buy something from Amazon or not, and since it is not officially announced or documented, they may decide not to roll it out after all.

For those who have the feature, is it still found in Accessibility settings?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:16 AM   #23
PRS-T2
Connoisseur

Alright I gave up on waiting for a jailbreak. Updated my Oasis 3 yesterday going from stock FW to 5.12.5, now waiting for the toggle.
Was hoping the ghosting would be fixed but it's still the same even even with page refresh turned on. Page refresh on putting the Oasis to sleep and back on eliminates any ghosting but only until next page flip. Will report when I the toggle arrives, sorry for the little off-topic!
Old 05-26-2020, 05:31 AM   #24
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
A lady I follow on FB has it on her PW4, she said her Kindle updated last week. It’s on the quick settings row between Bluetooth and Sync Your Kindle

Last edited by Josieb1; 05-26-2020 at 05:34 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:17 AM   #25
PRS-T2
Connoisseur

I'm wondering whether the way FW got updated makes a difference or not. I mean ota vs manual download and install?
Old 05-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #26
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS-T2 View Post
I'm wondering whether the way FW got updated makes a difference or not. I mean ota vs manual download and install?
I wondered about this too. I've updated manually (download from the website) and don't have the toggle. I did notice that there seems to be a new version (v2) of the 5.12.5 update for Oasis. I downloaded and the Kindle recognized it as an update to the existing 5.12.5 V1 already installed. No new toggle though.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:54 PM   #27
PRS-T2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
I wondered about this too. I've updated manually (download from the website) and don't have the toggle. I did notice that there seems to be a new version (v2) of the 5.12.5 update for Oasis. I downloaded and the Kindle recognized it as an update to the existing 5.12.5 V1 already installed. No new toggle though.
Same here except when I downloaded it a few days ago, there was only one version of it on the Amazon server.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:52 PM   #28
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post

Mine was a manual update as well and no toggle (PW4)
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:20 AM   #29
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I received the dark toggle button on both my Oasis 3 and Oasis 2 today. One showed up in the morning, the other in the evening. Neither device had been restarted, or had be recently updated in the last few days.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #30
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Well I just got it on my Oasis3. I have no use for it so now I have 2 icons I don't need in my menu. Bluetooth I also don't use.
I just had to look at it again as I only tried it out back when I got the Oasis2, before I had the 3. Yep, still as disturbing as it was then. Yikes makes my eyeballs wobble for some reason. Well not literally or course, just feels like it.
I have sensitive eyes though and I don't see well when it gets dark so that is probably why. But I could never read on any white text on black.

Or green on black as I remember some programs from back when. That stuff did a number on my brain.

Surely soon it gets to everyone, and those that actually like having that toggle there and using that mode often. It is still also in accessibility by the way to turn on and off.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote