Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
gdamjan
gdamjan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen
How to package a new keyboard layout for Touch/Paperwhite

I've created a keyboard layout for macedonnian language (uses cyrillic).
I've tested it on both Touch and Paperwhite (with firmware 5.x), but I've used ssh access to get the original "keyboard.cramfs.img" add the layout to it, hack the utils.so file and package it again.

I'd like to make a simpler method now, that would be useful for people that otherwise wouldn't be comforable to use a unix shell. What is my best option here?
gdamjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Search/Ask in the Dev corner, I think a few people have done something similar already.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert