Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #1
lucero
lucero began at the beginning.

Device: android
Cloud Connection not updating new e-books

I have calibre companion connected with cloud connection and it seems to be updating the metadata, but not the epub itself, i've selected the option download all, but nothing happens, i have to manually select download in order for it to update, and it seems counterproductive. It's weird too, because i've also added new ebooks, and those seem to download automatically, the problem is when updating ebooks.
lucero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
I thought there was an option in the settings menu to update the books or not when t there is a change in the book, but I can't see it now in the app, maybe it's a option in Calibre (I don't have my PC here to check)
Maybe there's no such option, and people is using the Reading List plugin to achieve what you want, I don't do that so is something that I remember reading about in the past, but without details.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucero View Post
I have calibre companion connected with cloud connection and it seems to be updating the metadata, but not the epub itself, i've selected the option download all, but nothing happens, i have to manually select download in order for it to update, and it seems counterproductive. It's weird too, because i've also added new ebooks, and those seem to download automatically, the problem is when updating ebooks.
In the cloud connection, "download all" purposely skips already downloaded books. The wireless device connection has an option to update books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #4
lucero

Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
I thought there was an option in the settings menu to update the books or not when t there is a change in the book, but I can't see it now in the app, maybe it's a option in Calibre (I don't have my PC here to check)
Maybe there's no such option, and people is using the Reading List plugin to achieve what you want, I don't do that so is something that I remember reading about in the past, but without details.
I think you mean the option to update the epub or not, but from the calibre itself, which doesnt seem reflected on CC.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:12 PM   #5
lucero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
In the cloud connection, "download all" purposely skips already downloaded books. The wireless device connection has an option to update books.
Oh, but why does it do that ?😭 haha, guess i'll die