Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Append to recipes at run-time?

Hi Kovid -
I use scripts to automatically download my weekly news sources via cron jobs. I like using the recipes provided online, but I've often had to add tweaks to all of them (for example, adding a compress_news_images_max_size to fit under 25mb for Kindle email sending). I'd like to use the stock recipes but at run-time add a flag to append to them my extra parameters. Is there any way to do this? My only option now is to just download the recipe every so often and then manually add my parameters (or add programatically but which is fragile).
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there is no such facility. Just clone the calibre repo and maintain your changes as commits in it, then you can use git to automatically update and rebase your commits.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert