Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Student12
Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unremovable hidden screensaver

I installed a custom screensaver a while back (about a year ago) and added a custom screensaver and now when I uninstalled all of my modifications, that one custom screensaver persists. for example

I am running 5.1.2 right now and when I factory reset the kindle, I can see all the normal kindle screensaver there. However when I download a book into the kindle and turn off the power there, I would see that one screensaver I made and none of the original kindle screensavers.

I then reinstalled the jailbreak and reinstalled the custom screensaver, i can now access the screensaver file where I can see all of the default amazon screensavers, but not that one screensaver that I made a long time ago!

I then tried by moving all the amazon screensavers out of the kindle (effectively deleting it from my kindle), now no matter where I was, the screensaver defaults to that one custom made one.

Now since i removed the default screensaver, I can't seem to get the original ones back again. I tried uninstalling the custom screensaver and then reinstalling it and putting the png files back, but the only screensaver thats left is that one i made years ago

I tried long and hard to find a way to access it and delete it but no success. Can anyone help?

Thanks very much
Student12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Student12: You'll need to remember what you did exactly in the first place, because nothing's actually written anywhere near the default screensavers with the proper screensavers hack, so it *can't* leave permanent traces.

(Meaning you did something ugly manually, and you need to revert it. Barring that, the unbricking thread is your friend, to reflash a vanilla FW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Student12
Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Student12 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

i mean the only screensaver i used is the yifan's customized screensaver and i just remember i put one of the images there. I tried to uninstall both the simple and the customized screensaver. I just fear that now since i updated my kindle that the uninstall wont work properly. Also do you think the order matter? i.e. do i need to uninstall the file first then unjailbreak or do the reverse?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The YIFAN code is just trashed (unworking) now I would guess.

There will be a file called (and NO I dont know the name or where it is, read his code) "current-picture1.jpg" or whatever... It will be in there.

Perhaps Niluje has a natty plan of fixing that. I don't apologies
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Student12: You do need a jailbreak installed to run custom update files (meaning you need a jailbreak to run the uninstaller(s)).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #6
Student12

oh shoot i forgot to update this. Yea so i followed your plan and flashed the kernel and now i am able to use the update so yea i guess when in doubt, just flash it

Tags
hidden, remove, screensaver