Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
delete unused style classess - no scroll bar

had an instance where there were so many unused classes - after ditching lots of "fluff" pages" that the list would not fit on the screen!

so could not see the OK button and no way to scroll down.

I took a change & just hit enter which seemed to work , but ideally that pup up box needs to be adjustable.

it seems it is fixed width , variable height & can just grow & grow ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
had an instance where there were so many unused classes - after ditching lots of "fluff" pages" that the list would not fit on the screen!

so could not see the OK button and no way to scroll down.

I took a change & just hit enter which seemed to work , but ideally that pup up box needs to be adjustable.

it seems it is fixed width , variable height & can just grow & grow ?
Been there, seen that also (And I also discovered that enter will work ), but I agree having a scroll or being able to move the box above the top of the screen would be nice.

You can delete singles (a style or Image) from the 'Reports' viewer.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You must have a lot of classes to delete Even with showing multiple entries on the line its clear its not sufficient.

Working on changing it to a scrollable window, possibly with checkboxes to allow selecting specific entries to delete/keep.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
You must have a lot of classes to delete Even with showing multiple entries on the line its clear its not sufficient.

Working on changing it to a scrollable window, possibly with checkboxes to allow selecting specific entries to delete/keep.
Word Trash, What can I say
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Not always Word trash. This AM has a conversion from PDF with 40 or so trashed illustrations and had the long list problem. Hit enter and it worked. Don't know what I would have done if I had lost my nerve at the last minute...hope to heck I had saved before!

Putting the illustrations back in, one at a time.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I had the same problem with word documents myself. Had a few files where every single line was give its own style, these documents were all over 300 pages of A4, so we are talking about a lot of styles.

After exporting to html and them importing into Sigil, I had a style section which was thousands of lines long, so the subsequent CSS file would be massive.

I couldn't just delete all those styles as some of them were needed, so after tidying up the text and removed all unneccessary styles, I'd run this function as it was the only real way of sorting the CSS out. After waiting over an hour for Sigil to process this and locate all the unused styles, the list would easily be far larger than can be presented on screen, so having the scroll bar available would be a god-send.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote