Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2022, 12:48 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Libra 2 randomly restarts at select language screen.

This happens pretty regularly. It crashes and reboots to the select language screen. The first couple times I didn't know so I went through the steps and redid the set up and ended up with a new install. Now I just reboot it again by holding down the power button. It sometimes goes back to normal, sometimes resets the database and config file.

I'm on 4.33.xxx but this happens with earlier firmware too

It seems related to USB connection to PC. I side load all my books and I'm also doing some dev for Plato so I plug it in pretty often. But I always eject it safely (Windows 10). Nevertheless, there seems to be something wacky with the Libra's handling of USB

Anyone else seeing this?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:46 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Not me. But then I don't use Plato.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2022, 09:37 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The device restarting and prompting to do the setup frequently means the database is corrupt. Or at least lost the user details. With firmware 4.31.x, there was an problem which caused the book partition to get mounted read-only which could trigger this. And the problem would get solved by restarting the device.

I haven't seen this with 4.32 or 4.33. But, there seems to be issues with Libra 2. I don't remember seeing any USB specific issues.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote