Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2023, 07:06 PM   #1
rjvickery
rjvickery began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
[MacOS] Calibre not updating

Is there a reason I can not get Calibre to update from version 6.14? I use a Mac mini and I'm on Sonoma.
rjvickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No reason.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2023, 03:24 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What error message do you get if you download the .dmg file directly from Download for macOS and attempt to install it?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 04:44 PM   #4
rjvickery
rjvickery began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I don't get any error message - when I restart Calibre after downloading the new version it still shows that I'm on version 6.14.
rjvickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 06:02 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you look at the 'Get info' for calibre in the Applications folder, what does it show for the version? Is it possible that you installed calibre in a non-standard location and are launching that version? If you delete the calibre item from Applications and then re-install calibre by dragging it onto the Applications shortcut seen when you open the .dmg file, does that allow the new version to run?

I am assuming that when you say downloading the new version, you are downloading the .dmg file, opening it and dragging calibre to the Applications shortcut.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2023, 10:46 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you havent setup calibre to run from source and if you have then either update the source or remove the CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM env var. If you are running from source there will be an asterisk next to the version number.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote