Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2015, 02:05 PM   #256
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sorry, but Literata is not going to help reading. It's nothing special in that regard. Personally, I like the look of Merriweather Sans better.
I use Lexia Dama on my Kobo GLO HD. It's not a default font on the Kobo, so you have to get it online (it's free). It's a pretty nice font. I like that you can add your own fonts to the Kobo readers.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:31 AM   #257
ivan19
ivan19 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
Hello i need sd image kobo h2o please help.
ivan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2016, 05:36 AM   #258
luX0r.reload
luX0r.reload began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
edit: wrong thread!

Last edited by luX0r.reload; 10-21-2016 at 11:10 AM.
luX0r.reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:08 PM   #259
Haugor
Enthusiast
Haugor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch C、KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Ugh. Updating to 3.19.5613 with my unregistered H20 results in a critical error. I need to decide if I want to fiddle around with this or just go ahead and register it. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.
How did you solve the critical error finally?
Haugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #260
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugor View Post
How did you solve the critical error finally?
Considering this happened 4 years ago, a bit late to be asking about any possible solutions he may have found. The keyword in his post was unregistered which meant pushing genuine imitation user information into the database. This is not guaranteed to work with newer firmware and there was quite a bit of discussion about the process in the thread.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2019, 10:07 AM   #261
Haugor
Enthusiast
Haugor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch C、KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Considering this happened 4 years ago, a bit late to be asking about any possible solutions he may have found. The keyword in his post was unregistered which meant pushing genuine imitation user information into the database. This is not guaranteed to work with newer firmware and there was quite a bit of discussion about the process in the thread.
Thank you for your reply. I will try that way.
Haugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #262
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugor View Post
Thank you for your reply. I will try that way.
And the firmware this thread is about is obsolete. Go get the 4.18.x firmware and go read that thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:49 PM   #263
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And the firmware this thread is about is obsolete. Go get the 4.18.x firmware and go read that thread.
Jon: There are a lot of reasons for not running the current firmware. If someone wants to use the older firmware, it is their choice and, at this point, a very deliberate choice. If you want to point them to any firmware, it should be 3.19.5761, as that is the last of the 3.x series and, from memory, does have advantages over 3.19.5613.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:06 AM   #264
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Jon: There are a lot of reasons for not running the current firmware.
David, what are the primary "reasons" you have in mind?

Thanks.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:10 AM   #265
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
David, what are the primary "reasons" you have in mind?
The easiest reason is that you have a Mini. The main reason is that you don't like the version 4 home page. And of course, there is the classic, "if it ain't broke..."

All valid reasons.

Of course, you list an Aura ONE, so it doesn't matter. 3.19.x or earlier doesn't run on it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:35 AM   #266
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The easiest reason is that you have a Mini. The main reason is that you don't like the version 4 home page. And of course, there is the classic, "if it ain't broke..."

All valid reasons.

Of course, you list an Aura ONE, so it doesn't matter. 3.19.x or earlier doesn't run on it.
Others have taken the plunge and run 4.18.x on a mini without a problem. But yes, I do see your points.

I did stick with 4.8.x until the latest 4.17.x came out. I was going to go with 4.15.x but the bug where it sometimes forget where it was in an ePub was a deal breaker.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #267
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm surprised you guys seem to favor staying with an older version "that ain't broke". If the newer version appears to be satisfactory, I tend to go with it.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:23 AM   #268
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I'm surprised you guys seem to favor staying with an older version "that ain't broke". If the newer version appears to be satisfactory, I tend to go with it.
The newer version wasn't satisfactory to everyone, 4.x changed the homescreen. You wouldn't be aware of the old homescreen since I believe you started with the KA1. Some people so dislike the "new"/current home screen they were willing to stay with older firmware and give up the new features.

A similar thing can be seen with the 4.15-4.18 firmware upgrade where Kobo changed the header and footer.

Given that the basic purpose of an ereader is to read, there's no need to upgrade unless the new version offers something you want, or adds support for something needed.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #269
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I have friends with a Kobo device that NEVER have updated the FW version, they don't even think about it. Not my case, but everybody their own.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:06 PM   #270
petercreasey
Wizard

I guess my feeling is that if I didn't upgrade, there might eventually be an version upgrade I would really want. Oftentimes, if the old version is too old, then an upgrade to a new version can be a big problem, if not impossible.

Tags
firmware 3.19, kobo