Old 02-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #61
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
Thumbs down KOReader gestures

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenic View Post
OK, at your suggestion, I've opened an issue on GitHub : https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1443
Is there a gesture now to jump back to the previous location?
I keep opening the menu after every footnote, and just having, say, a botton-right-to-top-left swipe would be great.
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:12 PM   #62
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biep View Post
Is there a gesture now to jump back to the previous location?
I keep opening the menu after every footnote, and just having, say, a botton-right-to-top-left swipe would be great.
You can set it to: "Swipe to go back" in the "Links" menu under the Gear Icon of the reader menu. Long press on the "Swipe to go back" text to see a blurb about how it works.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2019, 03:14 AM   #63
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You can set it to: "Swipe to go back" in the "Links" menu under the Gear Icon of the reader menu. Long press on the "Swipe to go back" text to see a blurb about how it works.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks! Poire-z pointed me there too (he wrote it, I think), and it works like a charm!
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:44 AM   #64
Andy2No
Andy2No began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Would installing the required final firmware update for the Kobo Mini overwrite or uninstall Kobo Start Menu and KOReader?

If so, would it also stop me putting it/them back again afterwards?

It was quite a long time ago when I installed it, so I forget the procedure, but I do remember having to do quite a lot of reading to work out how.
Andy2No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:06 AM   #65
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
KOReader's data is always safe. But yes, after installing a firmware update you'd have to reinstall KSM.

For questions about specific firmwares and KSM you'd be better off in the KSM topic: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293804
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #66
Andy2No

Okay. Thanks, Frenzie. I'll try to read up on it before asking questions - that thread looks quite busy.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #67
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Would installing the required final firmware update for the Kobo Mini overwrite or uninstall Kobo Start Menu and KOReader?
When installing new firmware version, you can let KSM handle update and there you can choose partial update, which keeps crucial KSM files intact, so you don't need to reinstall them.

But, better for this to ask in KSM thread, not koreader one.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #68
Andy2No

Thanks, Alan_S, I'll look into that.

I expect I'd need to update KSM first, because mine is probably out of date, and might not have that ability.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #69
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
All KSM versions (at least since I'm using it) have this option, to handle firmware update and protect itself from overwriting crucial system files. Maybe only wording of option is a bit different.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #70
greensoul
greensoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi everyone,

I'm having a big issue with my Clara HD. Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post this question, and I'm totally new on this topic.

My story: My friend gifted me a Kobo Clara HD last week. I was trying to learn about the device and found out about the KMS and Koreader application, and tried to install it on my device.

I connected the device to my computer with USB cable, then I copied folder 'kbmenupngs' to the device, unpluged it, saw the pictures on my Clara. Next, I copied the file KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder of the device, then unpluged the device.

Unfortunately, the application (KMS 8) didn't work properly (probably wrong version). When the device finished installing the KMS, the menu appeared with several options, but I could not click and run the 'Start Nickel', nothing happened. Then, about 30s later the device continued and displayed the home screen as normal. I could see all the files /pictures on the home screen.

Then, I did the stupid thing. I decided to delete the files and not using Koreader anymore. I deleted the pictures in the kbmenupngs first, and intended to delete the other files/pictures next. But the other files were automatically gone... Lastly, I reset the device to factory setting, and the problem came up.

After selecting languages, on the next page I must choose to set up either via Wifi, or connecting to computer with USB cable.
- The first option doesn't work anymore... it runs wifi scanning and just closes the window and not showing the next step.
- The second option doesn't work neither, as my computer cannot recognize the device anymore (I tried using different USB ports and different USB cables).

I'm so hopeless now and it seems like I can't use the device anymore... I'm very upset because it's a gift from my best friend... I was so negligent and made lots of stupid mistakes... Can anyone give me an advice to try fix it? I would really really appreciate your help!
greensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #71
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A factory reset isn't stupid afaik. I'm fairly sure it does what it says on the box.

You can still try this, however:
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-Kobo-Clara-HD
Old 01-04-2020, 08:35 PM   #72
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Depending on exactly *how* you triggered the factory reset, it might not have actually reset much (that's a recent change).

The one available in Nickel's settings is now much less aggressive than it used to, meaning it probably won't help if you broke the boot. Might actually make it worse.

The "hard" factory reset as explained in the article @Frenzie linked *should* do the trick, though, as this one basically re-images the device from a factory clone.

----

Sidebar: cross-posting is frowned upon. Try to avoid it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:58 AM   #73
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The one available in Nickel's settings is now much less aggressive than it used to, meaning it probably won't help if you broke the boot. Might actually make it worse.
Oh, thanks for the info. If I should ever want to execute one, I hope I'll remember that. :-/

From what I recall the factory reset basically just overwrote everything (i.e., to factory conditions).
Old 01-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #74
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, the "new" one doesn't anymore, it basically only clears the userstore, àla Kindle.

The "old" one is accessible via the hard-reset procedure described above, or in the hidden developer Settings menu (search for devmodeon, new section appears in Settings > Device Info).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #75
greensoul
greensoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
A factory reset isn't stupid afaik. I'm fairly sure it does what it says on the box.

You can still try this, however:
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-Kobo-Clara-HD
Wow this solved the problem... I didn't know about the manual way of factory reset, and it worked!
I'm so grateful. Thank you so much for your help!!
greensoul is offline   Reply With Quote