Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #361
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
For me, only Monroe made the early episodes worth watching. Fortunately the producers reacted quickly to improve the show by tweaking the cast and characters to add some heart (e.g. Rosalee) and humor - like the revolting process Adalind had to go through to get her powers back.
I really liked Monroe, too and all the other supporting characters. I have no idea why they cast the lead as they did and as I already said, the wife was offputting to me.

It seems as though when episodic TV runs out of steam, they always have to do something with The Wife or The Husband, and inevitably, it's some BS where they "turn bad." It's the dreaded Evil Twin or the like. It's tedious as hell.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 06:45 AM   #362
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Rocky Horror is always fun, if you only do it every few decades.

Still no Burlesque, eh? LOL.

Hitch
I'm keeping my eye out for any outdoor showings of RHPS nearby this summer.

Burlesque is still on my to watch list. I'll probably make a list of film that I didn't see in their designated week and watch them later this summer.

I loved Candyman, I will need to see the sequels soon-ish. Last night I watched The Quick and the Dead. I can remember coming across it on TV, I missed the first half hour or so but loved the rest of the movie. Now it just didn't work for me, it couldn't hold my interest. Tonight the wheel chose Fallen, which I can't remember seeing before.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:49 AM   #363
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm keeping my eye out for any outdoor showings of RHPS nearby this summer.

Burlesque is still on my to watch list. I'll probably make a list of film that I didn't see in their designated week and watch them later this summer.

I loved Candyman, I will need to see the sequels soon-ish. Last night I watched The Quick and the Dead. I can remember coming across it on TV, I missed the first half hour or so but loved the rest of the movie. Now it just didn't work for me, it couldn't hold my interest. Tonight the wheel chose Fallen, which I can't remember seeing before.
You mean the '80's Candyman, with what's-her-face? The Virginia Madsen movie, right? I admit that Horror isn't really my bag, but I do remember that one. You know that there's a remake, right? (That sentence should become a macro in my collection, as pretty much everything under the sun has, or is getting, remakes. Even Casablanca had...Barb Wire, LOL! Barb Wire is one of the remakes that I can absolutely enjoy and forgive the presumption.)

Hitch
Old 06-25-2022, 05:11 PM   #364
mlewis78
Evangelist
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I watched the latest Down Abbey movie last night (on Peacock). During the week I watched all six episodes of Hotel Portofino. It is airing on Sunday evenings on my PBS station, but I watched episodes 2-6 on Passport.

Over the past six weeks I watched all six seasons of Gossip Girl (HBO Max). This is the old one that started on CW in 2007. I'd hardly heard of it back then.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:11 PM   #365
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You mean the '80's Candyman, with what's-her-face? The Virginia Madsen movie, right? I admit that Horror isn't really my bag, but I do remember that one. You know that there's a remake, right? (That sentence should become a macro in my collection, as pretty much everything under the sun has, or is getting, remakes. Even Casablanca had...Barb Wire, LOL! Barb Wire is one of the remakes that I can absolutely enjoy and forgive the presumption.)

Hitch
I think the new Candyman is more of a sequel (baby from the first movie is now grown up and the main character). Similar to the latest Ghost Busters being a reboot sequel linked to the past movies.

I once saw Barb Wire, it was a fun movie.

Tonight's movie was Fallen, with Denzel Washington. Another one I had never seen, I think. I might have though and have forgotten it. This movie just wasn't for me, despite the fact I usually enjoy paranormal thrillers.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:19 PM   #366
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We watched Imma Tataranni about a flamboyant deputy prosecutor in southern Italy - kind of a female Montalbano in some ways.

We liked S1 of the Icelandic show Trapped - Prime just got S2 so we're starting that tonight.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 07:42 PM   #367
poohbear_nc
Now What?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
We watched Imma Tataranni about a flamboyant deputy prosecutor in southern Italy - kind of a female Montalbano in some ways.

We liked S1 of the Icelandic show Trapped - Prime just got S2 so we're starting that tonight.
Thanks for the heads up - I also liked Trapped very much - off to find S2.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:14 PM   #368
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Tonight's movie was Fallen, with Denzel Washington. Another one I had never seen, I think. I might have though and have forgotten it. This movie just wasn't for me, despite the fact I usually enjoy paranormal thrillers.
Fallen was really quite creepy. :-)

Hitch
Old 06-26-2022, 04:58 PM   #369
Bookstooge
Evangelist
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Watching Muppets Most Wanted. Oh man, this is close to the best muppet movie since the original!
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:01 AM   #370
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

The final movie of 90s week was The Addams Family. I did see both Addams Family movies in the 90s and enjoyed them, as I did last night.

This week I'm taking a break from movies and will focus on some series. Tonight I'll finish the latest season of Snowpiercer and then I will continue with The Umbrella Academy. On Friday the final two episodes of the current season of Stranger Things will be released.

Next week I'm going to start on my Netflix movie list. I'll intersperse it with some of the movies I put on my lists for the past two weeks that weren't chosen.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:12 AM   #371
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
The final movie of 90s week was The Addams Family. I did see both Addams Family movies in the 90s and enjoyed them, as I did last night.

This week I'm taking a break from movies and will focus on some series. Tonight I'll finish the latest season of Snowpiercer and then I will continue with The Umbrella Academy. On Friday the final two episodes of the current season of Stranger Things will be released.

Next week I'm going to start on my Netflix movie list. I'll intersperse it with some of the movies I put on my lists for the past two weeks that weren't chosen.
I don't know what it is, but Umbrella Academy--I loved Season 1. Definitely didn't go wild for S2 and so far, S3 is like, "meh." I am watching other things in its place.

(I thought the 90's Addams Family movies were really cute. The most recent pair, the toons...blergh. NOT recommended. It's as though they took the family name and one-two elements, in addition to character names, and stuck any old cartoon family in there with the usual morals and lessons.)

Hitch
Old 06-28-2022, 02:25 AM   #372
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Quote:
I don't know what it is, but Umbrella Academy--I loved Season 1. Definitely didn't go wild for S2 and so far, S3 is like, "meh." I am watching other things in its place.
I felt the same about the first two seasons of The Umbrella Academy. However, I enjoyed the first two episodes of season three last night a lot more than I did season 2.

I also finished the latest season of Snowpiercer. Which I thought was okay, but not as good as the first two seasons. They do do good cliffhangers and I'm looking forward to the final season.

I think tonight's the final episode of Sherwood on the BBC (I've been recording them). So I've got that planned for when I finish The Umbrella Academy.

It used to be that in summer, from early June until early September no new tv programs or films were shown on tv. I'm glad that time is over and we get new things to watch. I'm really looking forward to The Sandman, the Lord of the Rings series and prequel of Game of Thrones.
Old Yesterday, 04:32 AM   #373
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
I hope your recordings of 'Sherwood' took into account the fact that episode five was shunted over to BBC 2 for the usual reason,that tennis on BBC overran and as is always the case, sport triumphs over anything else! As a sports hater I was disgusted by this move, which was made with no announcement at all, apparently a minute ticker ran across the screen telling of the move, but I missed it, as i was not watching the morose scotsman hitting a ball around!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #374
mlewis78
Evangelist
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I finished watching The Timetraveler's Wife on HBO tonight. Just watched episode 2 of Murder in Provence (S1) on Britbox.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote