Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 05:56 AM   #1
rocky1069
rocky1069 began at the beginning.

Device: Kimdle e-reader
Text style changed when converting epub to mobi

I have converted a epub into mobi format. But its style got changed when i viewed in calibre ebool viewer. There are paragraphs in epub which are in itallic form i dont want them to convert in plain text.

Few points:
1. Using calibre:
a) I tried converting epub to azw3, it converted . It looked same on calibre viewer (kf8 was written on title bar along with book title) but when i viewed on my kindle device text was plain.
b) epub->azw3->mobi. Mobi looked fine on calibre ebook viewer but on kindle error was there "unable to open, if you have purchased from amazon delete and download again"

2. I have downloaded the original book(free sample) from kindle sotre, and able to view correct styles.

3. I have also tried 'kindle previewer 3' software for conversion.
a) Epub->mobi gave plain text.
b) epub->azw3->mobi gave some warning 'enhanced typesetting preview not supported for this book since the mobi file has been created by an older version of kindlegen or 3rd party. When transfered .mobi to kindle, there was error=unable to open.

I am not a programmer so was unable to understand any of html coding and ccs related to that epub. Please some one help me in converting this in exact form. I can post the epub here, if somebody is willing to help. Thanks.
rocky1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:55 PM   #2
rocky1069
rocky1069 began at the beginning.

Device: Kimdle e-reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1069 View Post
I have converted a epub into mobi format. But its style got changed when i viewed in calibre ebool viewer. There are paragraphs in epub which are in itallic form i dont want them to convert in plain text.

Few points:
1. Using calibre:
a) I tried converting epub to azw3, it converted . It looked same on calibre viewer (kf8 was written on title bar along with book title) but when i viewed on my kindle device text was plain.
b) epub->azw3->mobi. Mobi looked fine on calibre ebook viewer but on kindle error was there "unable to open, if you have purchased from amazon delete and download again"

2. I have downloaded the original book(free sample) from kindle sotre, and able to view correct styles.

3. I have also tried 'kindle previewer 3' software for conversion.
a) Epub->mobi gave plain text.
b) epub->azw3->mobi gave some warning 'enhanced typesetting preview not supported for this book since the mobi file has been created by an older version of kindlegen or 3rd party. When transfered .mobi to kindle, there was error=unable to open.

I am not a programmer so was unable to understand any of html coding and ccs related to that epub. Please some one help me in converting this in exact form. I can post the epub here, if somebody is willing to help. Thanks.
If anyone face this problem, change setting : mobi output to 'both' in calibre. And then use publisher font in kindle device. In Awz3 format also use publisher font. Some ebooks have embedded in them. My epub had it I didn't realised.
rocky1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert