Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
5.6.1.1 on PW1

I have a PW1 which used to run KOReader.
I made the mistake of switching on wifi and it was updated to 5.6.1.1 so now KOReader does not work although the KUAL extensions (calculator etc) do.
I have installed the hotfix using Update Your Kindle but if I try to open an epub it says “Application Error: the selected application could not be started”, and if I try to start KOReader from KUAL the message “KOReader starting” appears for a few seconds and then goes off..
I copied the contents of kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip to Kindle root, then [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU], but Update Your Kindle is greyed out (although I know the update bin was there).
I also tried the MRPI approach. I successfully installed it and copied KOReader into mrpackages, but when I ran it it said no mrpackages were found.
Help would be much appreciated, both in unravelling whatever I have done wrong and in describing the sequence of steps to do it correctly.
Many thanks..
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@JosephWebber: Install the JB hotfix, not the JB itself (it's linked in the JB post).

Then update KUAL & MRPI.

Then update KOReader while you're at it (KOReader is *NOT* an update package, MRPI won't even see it. On the other hand, the KOReader KUAL entry has a Tool > Update button, which will pick up a KOReader zip or tarball dropped in the USB root directory).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
5.6.11 on PW1

I did the above (including installing the last stable release of KOReader), nothing changed and I am still on 5.6.1.1.
I don't even know if it is still jailbroken (it certainly used to be).
I want to get down to 5.3.9, which I believe is the last firmware level for PW1.
Then I want to jailbreak it and reinstall KOReader, Kual and MRPI.
I have studied the forum threads and as a result I am totally confused.
Can you please give someone of rapidly decreasing IQ, ie me, a set of simple steps to achieve the above?
Many thanks.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
cf. this post.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote