Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #106
qqqqqqqqqqqz
qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.qqqqqqqqqqqz can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW2
"Hush little baby"?

Why?
qqqqqqqqqqqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #107
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqqqqqqqqqz View Post
"Hush little baby"?

Why?
Do you actually have a meaningful question?

The choice of wording for the status message in question is clearly a matter of whimsy. Does it deeply offend you?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #108
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Because why not?

Since we're basically putting the framework to sleep.

... And it was probably 5AM at the time I initially wrote this ;D
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:36 AM   #109
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Do you actually have a meaningful question?

The choice of wording for the status message in question is clearly a matter of whimsy. Does it deeply offend you?
I think he was just curious.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #110
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
EDIT: I have been away awhile, not keeping up with events after the PW1. I discovered that this post was irrelevant. Sorry...
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrricheyrich View Post
Hi all,
I'm running 5.7.2.1 FW on Kindle Touch and am having the following error when trying to launch KUAL 2.0:

"This device is not authorised as a test Kindle by the developer of this item"
... Nevertheless, I tried to install the relevant K5 MKK package but every time the Kindle deletes the .bin file.

How do I get KUAL to work? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrricheyrich View Post
... My Amazon devices page tells me it is a Kindle (7th Generation) ... Does the error mean that I'm not jailbroken, not JB bridged, or does it show that I haven't installed KUAL properly? I'm looking for anything to narrow down the possibilities!
The error shows that you tried to install K5 MKK when you should have installed a package for your specific device (7th gen is not K5). Please try installing an MKK version that matches your device (based on your serial number prefix as shown in the chart at knc1's link, and report back. Perhaps you want to install Update_mkk-20141129-k2-B002_install.bin?

FYI, amazon keeps installing a "not a test kindle" book after deleting MKK, on any of my devices that are not in airplane mode and do not have the "backdoor lock" installed and enabled. Perhaps that is your problem as well (or will be after you try installing the right MKK update*.bin)?

Regarding using relevant kindle versions in these forums, please read: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...66#post3290166

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-04-2016 at 03:44 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@geekmaster/@mrricheyrich: That's most likely a KT2, which does run FW 5.x . But it's recent enough that the last MKK release package probably doesn't handle it -- for good reason, it doesn't need to, since all the right stuff is bundled w/ the FW 5.x JB .
Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #112
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Translation:
1 - try a re-boot with the power button - the 'bridge code' should re-install MKK
if that fails:
2 - try installing the 'hotfix' package.

Random question -
Did you just recently update from 5.6.5?
Did you do BOTH steps when you jailbroke it?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265675

If you did not do that second step ('hotfix' ing the new jb) -
Then you are now screwed (unless you have rp installed).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #113
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@geekmaster/@mrricheyrich: That's most likely a KT2, which does run FW 5.x . But it's recent enough that the last MKK release package probably doesn't handle it -- for good reason, it doesn't need to, since all the right stuff is bundled w/ the FW 5.x JB .
Oops! I meant KT2. I copy/pasted the wrong text! I will fix my post...

Except, without the backdoor lock, won't amazon just remove MKK like on earlier kindle models, requiring a manual MKK reinstall?

EDIT: I just looked in the mkk update .xz file, and it has "k5-ALL", which makes my previous post irrelevant. I will hide it in a "show"...

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-04-2016 at 03:40 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #114
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@geekmaster: Not necessarily. I can't remember when the last release was actually built, the KindleTool version I used at the time might might not have known about the KT2 yet .

(The snapshot, on the other hand, is good, but ultimately unneeded).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-11-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #115
mrricheyrich
mrricheyrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1
KUAL not authorised as test Kindle

Thanks for all the advice so far. I can confirm that my Kindle has a serial starting 90C6 and is a KT2/basic.

@NiLuJe, now I know that I shouldn't be trying to run the MKK installer - thanks!

@knc1, I ran the 5.6.5 JB successfully in airplane mode, but for some reason on reboot the Kindle connected to wifi and was silently updated OTA to 5.7.x. After that I installed the JB bridge hotfix. Am I still screwed??? I do not have rp installed (not that I know what it is).
mrricheyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #116
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Install KUAL and the MrPI KUAL extension, see if they work.
If they do, your golden.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:36 PM   #117
mrricheyrich
mrricheyrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1
No hotfix? (error 007)

I tried re-installing the JB bridge file (hotfix) but received error 007. Does that mean it never worked first time? I'm sure I didn't see that error when I installed first time.

I note from other people's messages that I'm screwed if the hotfix doesn't work. Are there any things I can do other than wait for a jailbreak that works on 5.7.x firmware? Can I downgrade firmware or do a serial jailbreak?
mrricheyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #118
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mrricheyrich: Yup. A U007 error is the death knell of the JB .

You're free to do a serial JB, though. As for a downgrade, no idea, we're stalled on that front (AFAIK).
Old 04-24-2016, 07:11 AM   #119
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I did the jailbreak and hotfix on my KV FW 5.6.5., which all went fine. I tried to install the MRPI, but nothing happened. The same with KUAL. What am I doing wrong?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #120
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
It's fine. I was looking for it in the wrong place. Sorry everyone. Just a quick question though: Is there any way I can do a margins hack using KUAL or MRPI?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote