Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
RobertBB
RobertBB began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Standalone server stopped working after latest update

Hi.
For many years now I have run the standalone content server as a service using NSSM, so the server starts every time my Windows Server starts.
Then, after updating to v.3.14, the service starts the content server, but I can no longer access it from my laptop. This is on the same internal network.
If I stop the service, and start the server from within Calibre, everything works great, but as soon as I stop it, and start the standalone server, the web page is no longer working.
What has happened to the Standalone Content Server after the update?
The name of the exe is the same as it has always been, so why has it suddenly stopped working?
Hope someone can help me.

Regards
RobertBB
RobertBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/twelve

All the command line arguments to calibre-server.exe have changed. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...re-server.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
RobertBB

Thanks for your reply.
I actually found out what the problem is, while I waited for a reply
Looks to me that the new standalone server is not reading the settings from the server settings inside calibre, so when I set the port to be 8081, the standalone server still listen on 8080.
So all I need to know now is how to make the standalone content server listen on port 8081?
As I said, I use nssm to make the standalone server start as a service, so if you have any tips for me it would be highly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As the page that Kovid linked to says, --port specifies the port to listen on.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
RobertBB

Thanks PeterT that did the trick. I totally overlooked the --port in the list. Guess I'm getting old
I put the --port 8081 in the arguments entry in NSSM, and now everything is back to normal.
Thanks again :-)

Tags
content server