Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
lrf2lrs

I've updated the decompiler slightly so that it now handles all the sample boks bundled with the Reader. I was not able to get 100% recompilable files yet (it seems the format is changed slightly from Librie), but the produced .lrs should give you some insight into how to make better lrfs for Reader.
clicky.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I take that back... after I changed the BookID and removed the readings, I could recompile the "Winning" excerpt, and the footnote links worked! (at least in the Connect software... didn't try the Reader yet)
Advert
Old 11-27-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
cool thanks, this will be very useful.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
igorsk, you continue to rock.

All of you ... 'unofficial developers' totally rock.

I just wanted to say that.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
igorsk, you continue to rock.

All of you ... 'unofficial developers' totally rock.

I just wanted to say that.

I totally agree with you NatCh!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard

Quick way to make the output .lrs compilable with lrs2lrf:
1) in the <BookInfo> section, remove all readings, e.g.:
Code:
<Title reading="">Winning (Excerpt)</Title>
2) for <BookID> tag, make first two characters read "FB", e.g.:
Code:
<BookID>FBUS12511000A00T</BookID>
3) compile away!

P.S. I didn't try it with all books. Let me know if you run into any issues.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do you know what the reading attribute is supposed to be for?

EDIT: Nevermind, its for sorting

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 11-29-2006 at 12:04 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:06 AM   #8
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Does anybody know where to find xylogxml.dll that you need for lrs2lrf?

On the yahoo group I read it comes with BookCreator but I have that installed and it's not there.

Last edited by diabloNL; 12-02-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #9
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I think it's bundled with the lrs2lrf distribution.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #10
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
I think it's bundled with the lrs2lrf distribution.
Could be but not under that name at least. The problem is that the lrf file created by lrs2lrf is 0 bytes.

EDIT: THis is the English translation of the error reported in the log file:

Quote:
The forced termination which just does not have the file which
checks the consistency
of the file

Last edited by diabloNL; 12-02-2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #11
igorsk
Wizard

I guess the .lrs generated by lrf2lrs was not valid. Which book did you try to decompile?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
I guess the .lrs generated by lrf2lrs was not valid. Which book did you try to decompile?

Different books that I created with makelrf. Then I converted them with lrf2lrs. But when I try to convert the unchanged file back with lrs2lrf it goes wrong.

Do you have a sample lrs file for me that should work?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:36 AM   #13
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

I got it to work. Played around with the header and then finally got it working. Thanks igorsk.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:43 PM   #14
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
I am probably a noob.

I have this error poping up and 0 bytes lrs as a result.
Parsing objects... done.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\lrf2lrs\lrf2lrs.py", line 1584, in <module>
sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
File "C:\lrf2lrs\lrf2lrs.py", line 1578, in main
out.write(h.toXml());
File "C:\lrf2lrs\lrf2lrs.py", line 1511, in toXml
xml += self.objects[self.TocObjId].toXml(self.objects)
KeyError: 0
Any idea?
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #15
igorsk
Wizard

Looks like your file has no TOC specified... where did you get it?
You could fix the problemt by changing that line into:
Code:
if self.TocObjId in self.objects: xml += self.objects[self.TocObjId].toXml(self.objects)