Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #196
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
you have learned well my children and four pawed friend

i am warmed in the heart to know that you sought and found the national day to honor what we honor each month and i honor every day

i am gladened to see each of you take your own leadership roles in this movement, from producing to eating to promotion, of making others aware of this wonderful part of our culture

recently a friend returned from canada and told me of the growing doughnut movement there, she told me how canada has intertwined their national identy with the doughnut, i will never look at a canadian again, i am also looking for a 7&7 doughnut

so go fourth and spread the word, tell all that will listen and all that will eat, tell them of the wonders and the joys of the doughnut

Thank you UncleDuke. We carry the torch in your honor and for the ringed wonder that is the doughnut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 Olympic Torch-Vancouver.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	30383

And why will you never look at a Canadian again, UncleDuke?
Name:  sweet_dog_blink.gif
Views: 179
Size:  17.3 KBClick image for larger version

Name:	ScantyNebula050800318.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	30381

I'm sure some of our four pawed Canadian friends would be sad to know you will never look at them again.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #197
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post

And why will you never look at a Canadian again, UncleDuke?

I'm sure some of our four pawed Canadian friends would be sad to know you will never look at them again.
I'm sure the phrase "in the same way" is implied in that statement.

Or it is understood that if he looks at a Canadian he will think of do(ugh)nuts. Which is a good thing.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #198
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I am a newbie here but this looks like a thread to subscribe too. Sincince retiring, I don't get donuts anymore.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #199
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I am a newbie here but this looks like a thread to subscribe too. Sincince retiring, I don't get donuts anymore.
Here ya go!! These should get you started.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Donut Holes.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	30396  
Attached Images

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #200
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #201
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm sure the phrase "in the same way" is implied in that statement.

Or it is understood that if he looks at a Canadian he will think of do(ugh)nuts. Which is a good thing.

WDE.
Well, of course I assumed that's what he meant, you cute little Canadian dust mop.

Once again I failed to insert the to indicate my tongue-in-cheek jest in response to UncleDuke's statement about never looking at another Canadian. I guess I mistakenly assumed my jest was also implied. snark, snark.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #202
philip11
Banned
philip11 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i'm starving. can i have one of these? haha. it really looks like it is real. in fact it is so yummy. please give me one.

smile for me!

unrelated link removed. no spam please.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-20-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: removal of spam link.
philip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #203
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip11 View Post
i'm starving. can i have one of these? haha. it really looks like it is real. in fact it is so yummy. please give me one.
Hello, philip11, and welcome to Mobile Read. Would you consider going here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

and starting a new thread introducing yourself? We'd like the opportunity to welcome you properly.

Let us know where you are from, what you like to read, and which, if any device you are considering.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #204
benham
Guru

And don't forget to bring the coffee to dunk the donuts!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #205
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
how do you make a donut better?

ADD BACCON!

(note: im no fan... but im sure some of u might appreciate...)

OR.. PUT IT ON ANOTHER TREAT!!!

Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #206
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yeah, baby! Bring it on! Hey, is it almost Donut Day again? Please?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #207
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
nope... but why celebrate only when society says so? i say lets rebel in bacon bits and sprinkles until the 1st!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #208
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
nope... but why celebrate only when society says so? i say lets rebel in bacon bits and sprinkles until the 1st!
The Llounge is........society? (doggie stops and stares confusedly into the distance)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #209
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The Llounge is........society? (doggie stops and stares confusedly into the distance)
Well, it would seem to be the case. Society if it were inhaling nitrous oxide and drinking absinthe, maybe, but at least a society.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #210
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, it would seem to be the case. Society if it were inhaling nitrous oxide and drinking absinthe, maybe, but at least a society.
hmmmmmm absinthe (in a Homer Simpson voice)
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glace au four