Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
They can't. They have to build the next page with the CPU internally.
That takes a very short amount of time. Once it's done that, it goes to sleep.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #47
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
They can't. They have to build the next page with the CPU internally.
I think Harry meant that the idle state of the Android system (in general) could be more battery efficient. In fact, if I now check the device I am using to reply, I see a 10% use spent on "Device Idle" (!?), a 10% of "Android OS", a 15% of "Android system", a 15% of "Cell standby"...

Edit: on non recent Android versions. As DiDGr8 wrote, OS developers did not remain idle themselves... (I'll want to check some stats on those improvements)

Last edited by mdp; 07-21-2017 at 03:11 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #48
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aren't 10 inches way too small for a laptop display ? I remember working on a 11.6 inch netbook and it surely wasn't the best experience. I think the new max carta could be a better solution since you'll be able to hook it up to any laptop.

Plus, there's the price. I'd love to see Onyx and Clearink team up. They' d be able to make affordable E-paper laptops.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #49
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I find 10 inch quite workable when traveling. In fact, I'm sometimes working (mostly writing LaTeX documents) on my 8 inch tablet. When stationary, bigger can be better, but for traveling I'll take low weight and size every time!
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
10" is fine on a tablet; on a laptop it's the keyboard size that tends to be the issue. Better (IMHO) to use a tablet with an external Bluetooth keyboard.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #51
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
So, we are finishing September and...
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:16 AM   #52
DiDGr8
DiDGr8 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox N96ML
Onyx has booths at the Frankfort Book Fair on Oct 11-15 and the Hong Kong Electronics Fair on Oct 13-16. Hopefully, they'll have some announcements then.
DiDGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:29 AM   #53
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDGr8 View Post
Onyx has booths at the Frankfort Book Fair on Oct 11-15
Mmmh, 50N 8.7E...

BTW: where did you find the info?
Old 10-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #54
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Did anyone attend the Fair?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:31 AM   #55
DiDGr8
DiDGr8 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Mmmh, 50N 8.7E...

BTW: where did you find the info?
It was advertised on their English language page

Here on the fourth slide
DiDGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:15 AM   #56
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
New Max2 Pro and Note in Hong Kong Show today:
http://5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs.com/...2e2faac30.jpeg

Last edited by fgdas; 10-13-2017 at 03:19 AM.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #57
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Looks like Onyx may not be releasing the typewriter but someone else is going to give it a go.

https://liliputing.com/2018/05/pomer...wdfunding.html
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:29 AM   #58
rkabir
rkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
Looks like Onyx may not be releasing the typewriter but someone else is going to give it a go.

https://liliputing.com/2018/05/pomer...wdfunding.html
Glad you posted this! Direct link to the kickstarter if anyone is interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ter-with-e-ink. I imported the Pomera DM100 a couple years ago, which was excellent for distraction-free writing, albeit without an e-ink screen.
rkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:31 AM   #59
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
Looks like Onyx may not be releasing the typewriter but someone else is going to give it a go
Specifications wise, it looks like a disaster: 6 inches screen, low resolution (800x600 ? It is not for sale on E-Ink's site), with a custom software that does not offer rich text (in 2018?!‽‽‽) and has no fine grained control - at the cost of 500$, of which the screen will be around one fourth, when the same functionality is brought by any customizable "e-reader" plus keyboard and basic text editing software (not full word processing).

I have done much more on a T68, with much less. And, by the way, 6'' is a "only because it's the only solution I have" measure for working with text, if it's not telegrams.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:58 AM   #60
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Specifications wise, it looks like a disaster: 6 inches screen, low resolution (800x600 ? It is not for sale on E-Ink's site), with a custom software that does not offer rich text (in 2018?!‽‽‽) and has no fine grained control - at the cost of 500$, of which the screen will be around one fourth, when the same functionality is brought by any customizable "e-reader" plus keyboard and basic text editing software (not full word processing).

I have done much more on a T68, with much less. And, by the way, 6'' is a "only because it's the only solution I have" measure for working with text, if it's not telegrams.
While I share many of your concerns, I'll check it out when release early June here in Japan. The screen is certainly something of a disappointment, but it is also so small that you are probably very close to it. Price in Japan is some ¥43 ,000 closer to say $375. Foldable enough to go in a cargo pants pocket, maybe even back pocket. Interesting QR code solution to move text to iOS but nothing on Android, strange choice.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote