Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
samineru
samineru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question [K3G]Bookmarking Redirect Page

EDIT: Found a tool, requires jailbreaking: http://kindle-bookmark-editor.appspot.com/

I'd like to bookmark a page that dynamically redirects me, specifically https://pinboard.in/random/?type=unread

If I enter the URL it will either redirect to the new page, or if stopped reenter the URL of the previous page, preventing me from bookmarking it.

It *could* be done by setting my router to redirect that to a blank page, and bookmarking that, but that's a lot of work. Anyone else have any bright ideas for how to do this?

My other idea is getting a terminal running on the kindle and manually editing the bookmarks file with vim (assuming it uses a text file for saving these...).

Last edited by samineru; 04-18-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Found solution
samineru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If it redirects you, you are meant to end up on the page it redirects you to. Just bookmark that page instead.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
You can edit existing bookmarks and set an arbitrary URL.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
samineru
samineru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
If it redirects you, you are meant to end up on the page it redirects you to. Just bookmark that page instead.
No, you are incorrect. The link will send me to a random page in the unread category from a bookmarking service. That's why in the initial post I said it's a dynamic redirect, it may have been unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
You can edit existing bookmarks and set an arbitrary URL.
How? When I select the book mark and hit right then enter, bringing up the edit bookmark dialog, it only lets me edit the name of the bookmark, not the target URL.

EDIT: Found one, it is in fact a binary file, but easily editable with this fantastic tool: http://kindle-bookmark-editor.appspot.com/

Last edited by samineru; 04-18-2012 at 11:28 PM.
samineru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, kindle keyboard