Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #31
michelle2011
michelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook-Color, Nook Touch, Nook (semi)Tablet
I also get the invalid user login message.
michelle2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #32
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I figured that "Invalid Name" meant that the particular NRIC number was already in use, so I generated a new one and then used that - no problem the second time.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
I appreciate having the information, but it strikes me that generating a false Singaporean national ID number is possibly not the safest thing to do, and is probably of questionable legality. Or maybe I'm just being overly cautious.

In any case, it was fun while it lasted. Makes me wish you could just pay an annual fee directly to Overdrive and access their whole bloody catalog.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrated View Post
I appreciate having the information, but it strikes me that generating a false Singaporean national ID number is possibly not the safest thing to do, and is probably of questionable legality. Or maybe I'm just being overly cautious.

In any case, it was fun while it lasted. Makes me wish you could just pay an annual fee directly to Overdrive and access their whole bloody catalog.
Having similar thoughts ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #35
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't be comfortable with this. The NRIC is used in some ways like US Social Security numbers, in other ways more like a US photo ID number. Using fake NRIC numbers just sounds like a really bad idea.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #36
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Yeah, I've also come to that conclusion and will just suck it up and regret not checking out the books I had on my wishlist when I had the chance.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #37
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I'm not comfortable faking an identity (and I certainly would not use my own info in connection with a fake ID number!).
The service isn't free for the library. I don't know Overdrive costs, but here in Sweden each book checkout is a cost of a couple of $$ for the library (book licensing and costs connected with the download procedure). My own library I contribute to with my taxes. FLP has a (very reasonable) fee of $35 that I'm happy to pay. Singapore Library has been very generous offering this service for free and I don't feel comfortable taking advantage of their generousity by faking my ID. But that's me...
It was nice while it lasted! I checked out some really interesting book on Buddhism that I wasn't able to find anywhere else for free last year. And a couple of current popular books has shorter waiting times than elsewhere, but I can't say I have used them (the library) a lot.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #38
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I should have mentioned that I'm a member of the Melbourne, Port-Melbourne and Eastern Regional libraries in Victoria.
Are the selections different between those? I'm a member of Melbourne, and I noticed that Geelong has overdrive now too.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #39
billingd
Enthusiast
billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Are the selections different between those? I'm a member of Melbourne, and I noticed that Geelong has overdrive now too.

Cheers,
Simon.
they have different books. You can view the catalogs without registering. Yarra Plenty Regional Library also has ebooks.
billingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #40
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Can you pay to Philadelphia Free Library with PayPal? Or credit card?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #41
isobelle75
isobelle75 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation Sadly...no more

I have the same problem with login on overdrive within Singapore library. I have contacted the library through e-mail and they answered by telling me that overdrive has decided to allow access to their ebooks only to those who have a proper NLB account. In short...they banned access to ebooks through overdrive for those who have an account without FIN.

It's really sad...
isobelle75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #42
MoJo22
MoJo22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
I also have been also been unable to access the singapore library after borrowing from there for well over a year. It was great while it lasted pity it had to end. I think i will join up with the Philadelphia libray and pay the fee but I am hoping that they dont pull the plug there as well and lose my $. Can anyone tell me if the selection at Philly is as comparable to Singapore library? Still waiting for my local council to subscribe to overdrive but I cant imagine the selection would be that great.
MoJo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJo22 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the selection at Philly is as comparable to Singapore library?
You can browse their collection here...
http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:

Agreed. There is no way I would try something like this.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #45
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:

I agree. I don't want to do that either. It was fun, but since the reason is a change in Overdrives license, I wont join up with the Philly library again. Since it wouldn't surprise me if that closes soon too. Or maybe I am just pessimistic...
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote