Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #346
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
I was reading War and Peace in Italian then, and there's a lot of French and German, and I couldn't lookup words on my german and french dictionary because my Cybook searched only my Italian dictionary, being the book in Italian. That didn't happen on the pc reader: it looked on all dictionaries, giving a higher priority to the Italian one.
I emailed this issue to Bookeen several monts ago and they answered me it is a bug and that they will (would?) correct it.
I was wondering if Bookeen had fixed this bug with this release but had not got around to checking one of my books that sprinkled Spanish throughout it. Thanks for posting, I'm very disappointed that the bug wasn't fixed, but I'm glad I didn't have to waste any time figuring it out.

Many months ago, I read of a way you can adjust the book's Meta data to overcome the problem, but it sounded pretty complicated so I didn't go there, especially since I read that Bookeen was aware of the problem and would address it in a firmware update. Seeing how long it took for Bookeen to release this firmware update makes me think it's never gonna happen again - at least not while I own one of Bookeen's products.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #347
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
It may be inside the MobiSDK this limitation, and bookeen doesn't have control on this part. It is distributed as binary, not source, so you can't change anything inside...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #348
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
It may be inside the MobiSDK this limitation, and bookeen doesn't have control on this part. It is distributed as binary, not source, so you can't change anything inside...
That would be strange. The selection of word to look up is not in the SDK so there must be a call to lookup a word somewhere. And there you must be able to choose which dictionaries to use.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #349
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I'm ok for the selection, but maybe the SDK provide directly a "lookup(word)" function.

I'm not sure you provide the dictiionnary. Maybe just a folder where to search. I don't know the MobiSDK, but that is not absurd to do like this...
Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #350
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
I'm not sure you provide the dictiionnary. Maybe just a folder where to search. I don't know the MobiSDK, but that is not absurd to do like this...
Even then you could hijack the folder searching functions to only give it the correct dictionaries. The only problem would be if it searches for dictionaries once on device startup.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #351
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
I asked Mobipocket.com first, they answered me it's a Cybook problem:
Quote:
This problem is specific to the Cybook MobiReader.
You can contact the Bookeen team and inform them of this issue. They prepare the Mobipocket Reader for the Cybook.
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #352
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Can anyone tell me if the new 2.0 ePub firmware works with multi-level TOC's? The 1.9 firmware doesn't.

TIA
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:52 AM   #353
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I think not.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #354
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Can anyone tell me if the new 2.0 ePub firmware works with multi-level TOC's? The 1.9 firmware doesn't.
No, it doesn't, only the 1st level of the TOC is accessible, or at least I haven't found a way to go into deeper levels. A good thing is that, when you select "Go to", the current chapter is pre-selected, so you can see which chapter you are reading.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #355
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
I asked Mobipocket.com first, they answered me it's a Cybook problem:
Here's the original thread where this bug with the dictionary and the Cybook not looking up foreign language words that are sprinkled throughout a book with a secondary foreign language dictionary.

This is not an issue with the desktop version of Mobipocket, but it is a Cybook issue and, the email elena received from Bookeen when elena brought it to their attention was that the problem would be fixed in a future firmware update.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #356
Godzil

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
So, the ADE authorisation is not somewhat dependent on some files or something similar which could be lost during re-update?
Thanks. I appreciate that information

EPub, here I come
The ADE authorization depends on some files, but since the ADE equivalent to PID doesn't change, the device will normally automatically reauthorized if you delete the corresponding file