Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sony Reader binary-compatible with Starebook?

Not sure where this could lead us, but I extracted the files from the Starebook update and was wondering if we could use them to add their reading software to the Sony Reader (or the iLiad).
Attached Files
File Type: gz starebook-upgrade.tar.gz (4.22 MB, 733 views)
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
Not sure where this could lead us, but I extracted the files from the Starebook update and was wondering if we could use them to add their reading software to the Sony Reader (or the iLiad).
Well, I tried to execute the app ebrmain on my iLiad, after cp libnano-X.so /usr/bin. [ebrmain needs this shared library ]

Code:
/media/cf/test # ./ebrmain
initialise keyboard
open_KBD
Cannot initialise keyboard
GrOpen failed
/media/cf/test #
So starebook command line apps should run on iLiad.
Running of a non command line apps is another story, because apps are written for a embedded system, which has a special hardware & software.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Or someone needs to write a shared library to make the STAReBOOK hardware API's available on the iLiad.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote