Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #16
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Yeah, bummer. I still have my local library, but wait times are long. Even decades old stuff has wait lists.

I will give it a shot again in a day or so, see what happens.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I really hope this isn't the end for me and Singapore Library

I'm lucky that I still have Brisbane and Sunshine Coast but Singapore often had different books and so was a good way to bypass those nasty geographical restrictions.

Such bad timing too - I've had one book on hold for a few months and I was finally the next on the list. Now I'll just have to wait to see if it ever becomes available in Australia.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Bummer. It has by far the largest collection of the libs I have access to. Guess the free ride is over.
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #19
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
caleb72 at least you have the Melbourne library service at http://melbourne.lib.overdrive.com. Stupid Newcastle council have decided they don't want to go the overdrive way
I should have mentioned that I'm a member of the Melbourne, Port-Melbourne and Eastern Regional libraries in Victoria.

However, Singapore library was good for a different range of books and was my only way past geographical restrictions.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #20
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I should have mentioned that I'm a member of the Melbourne, Port-Melbourne and Eastern Regional libraries in Victoria.

However, Singapore library was good for a different range of books and was my only way past geographical restrictions.
Lucky you! There aren't any libraries in WA lending ebooks. The state library (which is the ruling body) is currently investigating the possibility, I hope I live long enough for it to happen. Or failing that I do have friends in Victoria.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #21
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I just had an online help chat with someone from the Singapore library and it appears they HAVE changed their policy. She was very helpful, and didn't realize about the policy change herself until she called their overdrive people to find out. Here is a portion of the chat:

(05:31:59 PM) Visitor 781381: yes I have been able to access overdrive before
(05:32:33 PM) Lynnette: ok give me a moment!
(05:34:11 PM) Lynnette: when was the last time you successfully used overdrive?
(05:34:23 PM) : I think I checked something out last week
(05:35:28 PM) Lynnette: Hi!
(05:35:56 PM) Lynnette: Ok I'm super sorry, but I called the people in charge of overdrive and they informed me that there was a change in their access policy just 2 days ago
(05:36:04 PM) : oh no
(05:36:23 PM) Lynnette: specifically, now users based overseas will no longer be able to access overdrive
(05:36:50 PM): ok that is really too bad, you always had different books available
(05:36:56 PM) Lynnette: if you have worked/lived in Singapore before, you may have this thing called a FIN number which you can use, but otherwise, there seems to be no way you can log in now. I'm so sorry!
(05:37:05 PM) : Just FYI...I know many users would pay a small subscription fee
(05:37:16 PM) Lynnette: Also sorry that seemingly no one has updated you all about it
(05:37:16 PM) : some overdrive libraries in the US do that for people out of the area
(05:37:44 PM) : no worries, it is not your fault. I do appreciate you taking the time to figure it out
(05:37:54 PM) Lynnette: Yes, thank you for the feedback. We're in the midst of reviewing a lot of our stuff recently, so hopefully this will change in time to come
(05:38:03 PM) Lynnette: But for now, I'm sorry!
(05:38:13 PM): np, thanks and have a good day/night?
(05:38:28 PM) Lynnette: it is day have a good night!
(05:38:44 PM) Lynnette: And I'll pass on the feedback
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #22
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
*sigh*

The end of something beautiful.

It wouldn't surprise me if the change of policy had something to do with geographic restrictions - but that might be me being cynical.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #23
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
http://www.samliew.com/icgen/

Generates a NCIR which works for registering.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #24
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Brilliant! Thanks Soldim
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #25
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
How does it work? I keep getting a message that my name isn't valid.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Invalid name here too.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #27
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Worked here! Lost all my old holds and wishlist, but can hardly complain.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
They have changed the login screen so you have to use your existing user name and a password. The passport number is no longer used.
I sent an email to help desk to reset my password so I can login and it allows you to log in to the eresources site on their website but not to log in to the overdrive library.
I am guessing that only Singapore residents and those studying/working in Singapore can now access the overdrive library.
I guess the party is over for me as there are no online library where I live
I've reset mine. I can log in and check my account (in a different area), so I know my password and username is correct.

However, I can't log in at all to the page where you get ebooks (ie, the overdrive system). This happened once before, then started working. Maybe they'll come back up sometime tomorrow, if not, I'll definitely miss them. Might just have to join the Philly one, instead.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #29
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Worked! Thank you very much, Soldim.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #30
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Wrong post, sorry!!
S

Last edited by silverraven; 02-08-2012 at 03:52 PM.
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote