Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #61
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Your awk script is bad. Actually, the awk commands are OK, but where you are failing is in trying to make things "neat" using numfmt. Delete that junk that attempts to beautify the output, just display the raw numbers, and your script works much better:

Code:
find -type f -name \*\.\* -printf '%f\0%s\n' | gawk '
  BEGIN {
    FS = "\0";
  }
  {
    split($1, a, ".");
    ext = tolower(a[length(a)]);
    files[ext] += 1;
    size[ext] += $2;
  }
  END {
    PROCINFO["sorted_in"] = "@ind_str_asc";
    for (ext in files) {
      print "*." ext " " files[ext] " files, " size[ext] " bytes";
    }
  }'
thanks haertig for correcting the code. It was originally created by someone else. Unfortunately, because I don't code, I didn't know how to read the code.
I now ran your corrected code and got this result:

Quote:
*.azw 6 files, 34806823 bytes
*.azw3 178 files, 2569168678 bytes
*.azw4 3 files, 238715160 bytes
*.cbz 6 files, 1766121940 bytes
*.chm 1 files, 904553 bytes
*.db 1 files, 24219648 bytes
*.djvu 17 files, 70510310 bytes
*.epub 6839 files, 39640384895 bytes
*.htmlz 113 files, 491346536 bytes
*.jpg 7812 files, 2121182039 bytes
*.json 1 files, 30310 bytes
*.kepub 3 files, 2326374 bytes
*.kfx 1 files, 2052924 bytes
*.kfx-zip 7 files, 27629860 bytes
*.mbp 12 files, 1440 bytes
*.mobi 214 files, 365347885 bytes
*.odt 1 files, 31448 bytes
*.opf 3431 files, 40932854 bytes
*.original_epub 193 files, 1543362814 bytes
*.pdf 768 files, 7765519460 bytes
*.txt 1 files, 381732 bytes
*.zip 2 files, 1282446 bytes
I've attached a screenshot of filetypes in the Calibre program.

Update: The numbers (of files per type) is a match!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file types in Calibre program.png
Views:	84
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	181166  
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:28 AM   #62
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
39Gb of epub, 7.7Gb of pdf, 2.5Gb of azw3, 2.1Gb of jpg, 1.5Gb of original_epub, ... plus more smaller numbers.

I can see where your files easily add up to the 50Gb you initially reported.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #63
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It has been good to confirm what was taking up so much space and to learn that there weren't some non-library files mistakenly added/pasted to the calibrelibrary directory. So each epub is about 5.7 MB. I guess that's understandable.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #64
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My epubs average 375Kb each. But they are all novels, so not many pictures (other than embedded cover art) and maybe a few simple diagrams or maps as you sometimes find in novels.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #65
droopy
Guru

Attached is a screenshot of the biggest ePubs in my Calibre. All the titles in screenshot are non-fiction.

The smallest epubs are 100KB or less!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-08-07 09-17-15.png
Views:	98
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	181168  

Last edited by droopy; 08-07-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Advert
Old 08-07-2020, 12:41 PM   #66
haertig
Wizard

I looked at the epubs in my "Reference" library, I keep that separate from my"Novels" library in Calibre. My reference epubs average 1.6Mb each. Quite a bit larger than my average novel size. Those reference books are things like investment books, hobby books, programming books, cookbooks, travel books, survival books, etc. They contain a lot more pictures and diagrams.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:07 PM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
thanks haertig for correcting the code. It was originally created by someone else. Unfortunately, because I don't code, I didn't know how to read the code.
I now ran your corrected code and got this result:

I've attached a screenshot of filetypes in the Calibre program.

Update: The numbers (of files per type) is a match!
Running an old add the numbers kludge (copy/paste a set of columns and it totals the numbers in the columns), divided the result by 1024^3 and out popped 51.22GiB. We have a winner!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote