Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2023, 01:39 PM   #1
Marvinator
Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Nook
New Error Never Seen Before after FRESH Install.

Please let me know if this is the wrong forum.

Let me begin by saying I have 25+ years in computer management. I've never seen this error and the guys I work with also have never seen this error. I'm currently running Calibre for Windows 10 64 Bit ver 5.16.1 on MY machine and it works great.

Ok, that said, Here is the scenario.

My wife has finally agreed to install Win 10 on her machine, mainly because her new Nook Glowlight 4e will work better with the latest Calibre.

I have wiped the drive, deleted all partitions and allowed Windows to create those partitions it requires to run. I've made sure that all windows 10 updates are completed and installed. As of yesterday, her machine is totally up to date.
So far so good.
I've then installed Firefox and used it to download Calibre 64 bit installer ver 6.11.0. Once I installed Calibre, and tried to open it, I get this error.

"The Application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

After googling this error, I've tried all the suggestions from Microsoft which include SFC scans and DISM restore health commands. Still getting the error.

I turn now to this forum, hoping some developer somewhere knows what might be up.

Last edited by Marvinator; 01-16-2023 at 04:02 PM.
Marvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:16 PM   #2
Marvinator
Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Nook
One lousy update. One stupid lousy update never loaded when doing the updates. I forced a manual download of updates and everything seems to work now.

thought I'd post the solution, just in case anyone ever runs across this again.

thanks for viewing....
Marvinator is offline   Reply With Quote