Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2022, 01:24 AM   #286
lazybandgeek
lazybandgeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Way to go Officer. I had completely lost the free time I had to try and do anything on my side. The experimental handle for the libra 2 seems to be working. I'm also seeing the issue with no keyboard on search. But I can navigate and find stuff well enough. Great work!
lazybandgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:18 PM   #287
pina
pina began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
I installed this again on my Kobo but no onscreen keyboard is showing up when I want to search for something. Anyone knows how to solve this? I'm using a Forma
pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:23 AM   #288
gereksizuser
gereksizuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pina View Post
I installed this again on my Kobo but no onscreen keyboard is showing up when I want to search for something. Anyone knows how to solve this? I'm using a Forma
Try previous (v2.16) version. It worked on my kobo without any problem.
gereksizuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:14 AM   #289
neonfire
Enthusiast
neonfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 11th Gen 2022
I can't get the app to fit the screen on my Kobo Clara 2E. Is this app still being developed?
neonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:11 PM   #290
gbujiwgfvd45231
gbujiwgfvd45231 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonfire View Post
I can't get the app to fit the screen on my Kobo Clara 2E. Is this app still being developed?
I'm no expert at all, and trying to fix an issue on my Elipsa as well, but I believe the following should fix the issue of the UI scaling to make it fit onto your Clara 2E screen: open the ultimatemangareader.sh file (found inside of .adds/ultimatemangareader, from the latest release package), and edit the line that says
Code:
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:logicaldpitarget=xxx
and replace the xxx with a different value (will take some tinkering to figure out which one is the right one for your device, on my Elipsa its 108 and the UI shows up fine). Try a higher value first, then a lower one?

Good luck!
gbujiwgfvd45231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 02:22 PM   #291
Giovascogna
Giovascogna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Any chance to have the keyboard issue fixed?
Thank u
Giovascogna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:47 PM   #292
Benny
Benny began at the beginning.

Device: Aura ONE
I'm also having the same keyboard issue on the 2.17 release. I went back to 2.16 but it'd be great if I could update so that I could use the fixed sources.
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 03:00 AM   #293
LinXCess013
LinXCess013 began at the beginning.

Hi!
I own Kobo Libra 2 and have installed 2.17.2 release also tried the prior one with experimental touch handler. However, the app opens but freezes on arriving at the main page. Would have to reboot the device entirely if I want to get out of it. I'm a professional developer maybe I can help speed things up for KL2 compatibility? I'm not big on shell scripting and C++ but there might be something I can help?
Would just like to enjoy my manga on the go like tachiyomi.
Thanks!

Log so far:
Quote:
kobofb: Finished initialization.
using experimental touchhandler
Already connected to Wifi.
LinXCess013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:33 AM   #294
LinXCess013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybandgeek View Post
Well this is weird. I thought I had rotation working, but apparently not. So with the newest build on the libra 2, it's treating the left of the screen as the top. I've tried all the different rotate settings in the QPA string and it doesn't seem to rotate/recognize any of them.

I've also tried playing with the QT_QPA_GENERIC_PLUGINS and QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS values. I did see the latter actually have an effect on the inputs, where I could actually get the rotation and invert correct with parameters set to the following:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM="kobo:logicaldpitarget=108"
export QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS="/dev/input/event1:rotate=90:invertx=1"
export QT_QPA_GENERIC_PLUGINS="evdevtouch:/dev/input/event1"

the problem with these seemed to be that it wasn't always consistent, in that it was triggering extra inputs from locations closer to say the middle of the screen/selecting to open something. Looks almost like it's an every other type of thing, maybe two different "event#" things happening where one is rotated correctly now and the other isn't? But event1 is the only one I can seem to set of my various options (0-3, and mouse0) that actually gets it right some of the time.

At least if I can get to a book, I can read it and just use the buttons for navigation.

The other fun one is that when I have the above so it's mostly working, it looks like starting nickel back up after closing the app is causing a crash to where I have to put the kobotoot.tgz back in and reload nickel. So who knows there.

That's enough for tonight, I need some sleep before work tomorrow.
Hi, can't quite make mine work . Can you contact me to relay how you got yours setup to debug the problem? maybe, I can help?
Old 02-12-2023, 10:01 PM   #295
lazybandgeek
lazybandgeek began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinXCess013 View Post
Hi, can't quite make mine work . Can you contact me to relay how you got yours setup to debug the problem? maybe, I can help?
I got mine working by moving to the newer version of the software that Officer released. Then enabled the experimental touch stuff. Which mostly works, except for the keyboard issue others are seeing. But more than usable for me.
lazybandgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:07 AM   #296
kievee
kievee began at the beginning.

Hi,
I've got a Libra 2 and I've tried the experimentaltouchhandler and using different versions but I am still unable to have a working touchscreen. I'm not sure what to do now
kievee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 11:09 PM   #297
LinXCess013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybandgeek View Post
I got mine working by moving to the newer version of the software that Officer released. Then enabled the experimental touch stuff. Which mostly works, except for the keyboard issue others are seeing. But more than usable for me.
weird... I did this also but no success on my end unfortunately... by any chance perhaps were you using KFMon(right now, I'm just shooting in the dark on what could've been different)? I reverted to the 2nd latest but no success on my end
Old 03-05-2023, 01:28 PM   #298
CherryHuntress
CherryHuntress began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage
Question kobo sage

is this working for the Kobo sage? has this been abandoned?
CherryHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:45 PM   #299
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
It’s a great work, do you know or are you working something similar for kindles? Thx in advance
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 02:19 AM   #300
GinjiroYoshida
GinjiroYoshida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2 (N236)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pina View Post
I compiled the code on the master branch in this repo (https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/), and it fixed the keyboard bug on my device (Kobo Aura Edition 2). The compilation process was not straightforward though, so if you are not familiar with the build process and don't need to access MangaDex it would be easier to rollback to v2.16.0 (or if you do want to read manga from MangaDex, you can add them to your favorites using v2.16.0, then upgrade to v2.17.2 (your favorites list won't be affected by the update))
GinjiroYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote