Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-23-2022, 10:16 AM   #39631
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Here, here! Always a favourite. Well, unless the stash of others is Bells.
Agreed! Luckily, my sister and my brother-in-law went through a single-malt tasting phase several years ago, and now they've got half-bottles of a bunch of really good whiskies lying about. It's my mission to help them consolidate whenever I visit. A true labor of love.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 01:02 AM   #39632
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Agreed! Luckily, my sister and my brother-in-law went through a single-malt tasting phase several years ago, and now they've got half-bottles of a bunch of really good whiskies lying about. It's my mission to help them consolidate whenever I visit. A true labor of love.
It's a tough job, but clearly your familial duty!

I had a wee dram of the new Laphroaig Quarter Cask tonight. Peaty (well, duh!) but no hint of phenol or oiliness you sometimes see in heavily peated whiskies. Even a hint of warm sweetness? And definitely on the mellow side. Very nice.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:50 AM   #39633
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's Friday Night, so Pizza and Talisker Night. Tonight's was the 10 Yr. Talisker, and a Canadian Pizza. (aka, "Hawaiian Pizza", but it was invented here.)
Old 11-30-2022, 08:43 PM   #39634
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dirty martini. With colossal, jalapeno-stuffed olives.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:43 PM   #39635
poohbear_nc
Bah! Humbug!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Talisker tonight
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:28 PM   #39636
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I forgot to mention some of the single-malts I got to sample over the Thanksgiving holiday with the fam.

Glenmorangie 15 yr
Auchentoshan 3 Wood
Arberlour A'bunadh (cask strength)

Nothing knocked my socks off. I still preferred the Talisker and my own Uigeadail, but the variety was nice. The Auchentoshan had very strong vanilla notes, the Arberlour was hot, DAMN hot, and the Glenmorangie was unmemorable.

Sipping some Nolet's gin right now.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:24 PM   #39637
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Last tea on a day that started far too early!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:03 PM   #39638
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Friday Night - Pizza and Talisker Night. The 10 Yr.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:57 AM   #39639
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Saturday night with nibblies and Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Unfiltered cider while watching hockey.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:19 PM   #39640
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

A local-ish fruit tart. Fire Iron from Urban Artifact (Cincinnati).

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?