Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
whitepawn
whitepawn began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Stanza and Calibre interaction fail

I'm trying to move my ebooks from my laptop (via Calibre) to the iPhone (via Stanza).

Calibre seems to be in working order, server is up, the test results in a list of the full ebook library.

The Stanza app on the iPhone detects the laptop on the home WiFi, but then times out of its search for actual files with "Catalog is Empty".

I've allowed Stanza to find my laptop on the network and I've inputted it manually, both versions fail to find any ebook files.

I would welcome any assistance with this problem. If there's a free iPhone app that interacts with Calibre better than Stanza, I'm open to that option. Whatever works, so long as the ebooks are condensed into a single app on the iPhone, regardless of their original file formats.
whitepawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Stanza works fine with Calibre - I use it all the time!

Please tell us the format of the URL at the Stanza end so we can check it is correct. Also are you using a "Catalog" or "Web page" type URL? Note that you cannot change a Stanza connection between Catalog and Web Page type connections as this can only be specified when you first create the entry.

Have you tried connecting via a browser on a machine external to your PC/Mac to the URL you have specified for Stanza? It may not display it correctly but as long as everything is set up it should get through and display something. That would check that the Calibre Content Server is working correctly and that your firewall settings allow it to accept connections.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert